Lets see some full size pictures...

Texan1983

Adventurer
yea, i have the same issue. i am trying to figure out the best way to build something. I like the warn trans4mer but it seems to sit a little low, so i want to make something the moves winch up a bit for better aproach angles.

03humpalot

Work in progress but have most of what i want done. Next up is a Fab Fours rear bumper and getting my roof rack/offroad lights on her. 06 CTD.
cimg0167x.jpg

cimg0172k.jpg

HMMM...self recover or snowshoe 13 miles down the pass to get help? I drank a lot of whiskey that night...lol.
warnd.jpg

warn2.jpg

Dixie27

HERE'S MINE....

Attachments

• IMG_20110727_142219.jpg
    IMG_20110727_142219.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • honey truck.jpg
    honey truck.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Dave Kay

Adventurer
Work in progress but have most of what i want done. Next up is a Fab Fours rear bumper and getting my roof rack/offroad lights on her. 06 CTD.
cimg0167x.jpg

cimg0172k.jpg

HMMM...self recover or snowshoe 13 miles down the pass to get help? I drank a lot of whiskey that night...lol.
warnd.jpg

warn2.jpg

Nice looking RAM there Humpy, and an interesting tailgate--- curious; who makes those?

hizen

New guy here, this is my current project truck.
1977 Dodge Power Wagon, blew up the 360 mopar motor that was in it, to expensive to rebuild so I am going to be swapping in a small block 302 ford motor backed by a C6 trans and a NP203 transfer case. Axles are still a toss up on what to go with. My goal with this truck is to have something that is simple and that works, also to be able to go to the local parts store and get parts off the shelf or the local salvage yard and get parts. Enough of me yakkin on and on heres some pics.

Two weeks before I blew up the motor.
TqI4u.jpg

Current status. (Waiting on funds to finish the 302)
NswjP.jpg

I am a believer in the K.I.S.S. method with stuff like trucks.

Plans for the truck:
Aluminum frame canvas top for the back
Swing out tire gate for spare, fuel, water
Change rear leafs to a softer spring
Newer tires (looking at mil-surp Humvee tires)
rock sliders
cab cage

Bogie

Observer
Why would you think putting a Ford engine into a Dodge would a) be cheaper b)have any easier parts finding ? I can get parts for my Dodge at any parts store and have about $1000 into my 360 rebuild

hizen

Why would you think putting a Ford engine into a Dodge would a) be cheaper b)have any easier parts finding ? I can get parts for my Dodge at any parts store and have about $1000 into my 360 rebuild

Cause I have most of the expensive stuff already and got the 302 with fresh rotating assembly for $50us. Along with that I do all my own fabrication and keeping it carbureted. The area I live in the parts stores don't stock older dodge parts at all, also ford used this motor for many many years in everything from cars to truck so its a versatile motor that parts cross reference from many different models. The 302 rebuild with a set of used heads will be under 1000 dollars. Also the 302 is a roller rocker motor and they run cooler out here than the 360's do.

Texan1983

Adventurer
cimg0167x.jpg

cimg0172k.jpg

warnd.jpg

warn2.jpg

whats that front bumper?

Bogie

Observer
It's your call but I foresee it being much easier to stick another Mopar engine in there if you can have the RC sit a bit just pull the 360 and give it a rebuild if you need it running get a Junk Yard engine and then rebuild your 360.
Rockers will have no impact on overall engine temp the shaft mounted setup is a really good system until you get to very large Cam lifts.

Here is the setup I used
Basic 360 rebuild .030 over using Keith Black 107 pistons CR about 9.8:1
Moly Rings
Crank is .010 on main & rods using full grove main bearings
HV oil pump
Jegs .420/.440 Cam
Dual Roller Cam
Cloyes timing chain tensioner Cloyes PN #9-5387

Rockauto has
CLEVITE / PERFECT CIRCLE Part # PMK8006 Engine : Master Rebuild Kit $872.99

Sumit Racing has
Sealed Power Federal Mogul Premium Engine Rebuild Kits Part #CSMHP814-322 for $429.95

Check out the link in my Sig you can probably get some local help/parts in the Chapters section.

hizen

It's your call but I foresee it being much easier to stick another Mopar engine in there if you can have the RC sit a bit just pull the 360 and give it a rebuild if you need it running get a Junk Yard engine and then rebuild your 360.
Rockers will have no impact on overall engine temp the shaft mounted setup is a really good system until you get to very large Cam lifts.

Here is the setup I used
Basic 360 rebuild .030 over using Keith Black 107 pistons CR about 9.8:1
Moly Rings
Crank is .010 on main & rods using full grove main bearings
HV oil pump
Jegs .420/.440 Cam
Dual Roller Cam
Cloyes timing chain tensioner Cloyes PN #9-5387

Rockauto has
CLEVITE / PERFECT CIRCLE Part # PMK8006 Engine : Master Rebuild Kit $872.99

Sumit Racing has
Sealed Power Federal Mogul Premium Engine Rebuild Kits Part #CSMHP814-322 for $429.95

Check out the link in my Sig you can probably get some local help/parts in the Chapters section.

If it just needed to do a rebuild like that it would be cheap and I would do it, but this motor needs the heads gone through. Guides, seats, valves, springs, shaft rockers, etc. There's only 2 360's in the junk yards near me and they all want over 700 for a motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater