Lets see some full size pictures...

duckswin

1991 Chevrolet Suburban 3/4 Ton 4x4, Started its life as a 1500, previous owner upgraded it to a 2500. 350 Chevy, TH400 (needs to be rebuilt or replaced). Just got it as a trade and now working on building it up to be my hunting and camping rig.

DSC00670.jpg

akchalet

Full size

This is my work in progress full size rig: It's an 1987 Blazer with a 1976 Chinook "Blazer Chalet" camper. Blazer has a 6" lift, 35" MTR's, 350 with a Turbo 400 transmission. Since this photo was taken, I've added a 8,000 LB winch behind the front bumper and new rear 9.5 Axle/rear suspension. Future mods to include VHF radio, swing away rear tire/Jerry can holder and cab steps. It's kinda high, I'm kinda old. The camper is basically just stock. I plan on reupholstering it this winter and rewire it. It has a stove, sink, water tank, furnace and refrigerator/small freezer. A lot of fun, but cozy.
chalet nite.jpg

LIVEanimals

Observer
This is my work in progress full size rig: It's an 1987 Blazer with a 1976 Chinook "Blazer Chalet" camper. Blazer has a 6" lift, 35" MTR's, 350 with a Turbo 400 transmission. Since this photo was taken, I've added a 8,000 LB winch behind the front bumper and new rear 9.5 Axle/rear suspension. Future mods to include VHF radio, swing away rear tire/Jerry can holder and cab steps. It's kinda high, I'm kinda old. The camper is basically just stock. I plan on reupholstering it this winter and rewire it. It has a stove, sink, water tank, furnace and refrigerator/small freezer. A lot of fun, but cozy.
View attachment 117077

WOW! I like it

DanR7985

Observer
View attachment 117077

I love that chalet. I wish that I could get one for a decent price, but they want a premium for them.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Chilli if I saw that truck parked out in the woods like that I would be scared ******tless.

Me too. Those thistles in the foreground can be brutal!

I think the big, ok HUGE, picture window makes it a wee bit less scary. IMHO

akchalet

Daytime photo

chalet road trip.jpg As many of you may have noticed, my Blazer Chalet is missing the original Blazer. The original Blazer rusted to pieces. I bought just the camper and fixed up a blazer. It's been a lot of work and still more to go until it's where I want it to be. If you're thinking about buying one, don't let the prices some people are asking for scare you away. Mine was advertised on Craigslist as "Blazer Camper"....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater