Lets see some full size pictures...

Jo_Duval

Observer
53907445594_d0701b9ca0_h.jpg

Your build remains my all time favourite build! I really wish I had printed your build thread or something!
Maiden voyage of the self build shell. Lots of work still to do. Different thicknesses of 4x8 plywood riveted to aluminum angle and square tube. It's very light.

View attachment 850347

View attachment 850348
Nice! Go and get it! This is my budget type of build.

Highboy4x4

The Start of something BIG! I have to slow roll the build due to other commitments but I can't wait to hit some trails in Spring '25. Hitting all the mechanical upgrades first, then the Truck Camper build will follow!

Attachments

• rebuild.jpg
    rebuild.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Curious:

You guys with the Full Size rigs

Can you list the limitations you experience?
Since I have a long wheelbase, 37 inch tires and leaf springs, my truck turns like an oil tanker. It's not that big a deal in the desert environments, but it would be a huge drawback on forest roads.

SteveZ71

Im Steve 32 USAF veteran residing in Phoenix AZ 3 kids living full time out of our toy hauler this is my 2021 sierra 2500. No real suspension upgrades yet just got my torsion bars cranked to level the rig out. 33” tires looks TINY and I’m thinking of going 35’s or 37’s. I have a whole route planned to Prudhoe bay Alaska. Starting from my present location I plan to hit multiple national parks. Grand Canyon, Zion, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce Canyon, Crater Lake, Redwood, Yosemite, Death Valley. Don’t know when my start date is but I’m hopeful it will be within the next couple of years.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2056.jpeg
    IMG_2056.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 30

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Im Steve 32 USAF veteran residing in Phoenix AZ 3 kids living full time out of our toy hauler this is my 2021 sierra 2500. No real suspension upgrades yet just got my torsion bars cranked to level the rig out. 33” tires looks TINY and I’m thinking of going 35’s or 37’s. I have a whole route planned to Prudhoe bay Alaska. Starting from my present location I plan to hit multiple national parks. Grand Canyon, Zion, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce Canyon, Crater Lake, Redwood, Yosemite, Death Valley. Don’t know when my start date is but I’m hopeful it will be within the next couple of years.
Good looking truck.

Go with 40's.... You know you'll want to eventually anyway.....

sddefault.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-12 085911.png

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Other than the power wagon limited payload, none really.

35s, the off-road toys that came with it stock, 2 decades of off-road experience and a healthy disregard for clean scratch-free paint means I get my PW mostly where I want to take it.
Ever notice that on an old truck with faded paint you can drag a rusty chain across the hood and then just wipe off the dirt? On a nice new truck it's ruined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online