Lets see your full size Chevy!!!

Joeprunc

Observer
Just paid off this guy and did some suspension work w/ new wheels & tires. Very impressed with how these Goodyear Duratrac tires do on and off road so far. But I'm not use to this wheel base, I was dragging my frame all over the place last weekend.
We will now be looking for a pop camper soon.

ChevyTruck_zpsd973a960.jpg

POS

I.dont have a pic of the glovebox sticker. I'm on vacation right now, so maybe when I get back.

The AC is dealer-installed GM, not in-dash like the factory-installed AC units. Damn thing works. Amazing.

I'm in Houston, and yes I'm a member of 67-73 Chevy but not Colo K5s. I'm more of a reader than a poster.

cowboy63645

Adventurer
Just paid off this guy and did some suspension work w/ new wheels & tires. Very impressed with how these Goodyear Duratrac tires do on and off road so far. But I'm not use to this wheel base, I was dragging my frame all over the place last weekend.

great looking truck! Did you lift the truck or just general maintenance stuff? What size duratracs did you go with?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Joeprunc

Observer
great looking truck! Did you lift the truck or just general maintenance stuff? What size duratracs did you go with?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Thanks, I'm quite happy with how our truck is coming along. I went with the Cognito UCAs w/regular ball joints, Bilsteins on all corners, RareParts tie rods, steering stabilizer, and idler/pitman arm braces. Used the stock keys to level (well the front is 1/2" lower than the rear). Put 285/75R16 Duratracs on, it was cheaper to stay with a 16" rim. They don't rub at all on the street, but rub enough offroad that I am glad I didn't go any larger or wider. Looks, drives, and wheels 1000Xs better than the stock setup.

Looked like this in January when we drove it off the lot...wish I did this work to it right out of the box.
B3747C41-36AC-4701-A017-10F5F95AA1EE-448-000000E3E5DE6101.jpg

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Fantastic thread! Loving the Chevy's here y'all. Good work! :D

I'll contribute..

My 95 Tahoe 4x4 that's in the process of getting a new motor:

8435953937_b1032ed965_b.jpg

Out with old, in with the new:

9112180826_a2efa69e54_c.jpg

And here's the project that I hope to get back to after I get the Tahoe finished.. 77 Chevy K10 4x4

8260157594_4ee891e847_b.jpg

And em both sitting together:

8602017694_0a9beb67f4_b.jpg

Mojavejohn

Adventurer
what lift did you go with? I want to go with a mild lift or maybe just level it out. Looks good.

arveetek

Adventurer
My 1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbodiesel, 285/75R16 Kenda Klever M/T's on Toyota steelies, cranked torsion bars, stock rear:

HPIM5939.JPG

HPIM5870.JPG

HPIM5881.JPG

photo

I have a Jeep Wrangler for more serious trail work, but the Tahoe gets my choice for driving whenever possible!!

Casey

Joeprunc

Observer
what lift did you go with? I want to go with a mild lift or maybe just level it out. Looks good.

Just got the Cognito leveling kit. I got mine from Alligator Performance as they had all the items in stock. I wanted to support a local shop NorCalTruck.com but they said their parts wouldn't be in for two weeks or so. I pretty much got the Stage 5 kit (but from Alligator Performance) http://norcaltruck.com/index.php/component/com_ixxocart/Itemid,591/p,catalog/parent,16/pg,1/

In all honesty I wouldn't want it much taller. It rides great (with the suspension upgrade, it rides way better than before), no body roll, just short enough not to have to run side steps, and if the tail gate was much higher loading stuff in the back would be a bear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333