Let's see your LJ's!

bfr

Observer
The LJ is 15" longer than the TJ. On the inside, 4" of that is between the front and rear seats, and 11" more is behind the rear seat.

I agree with 15" extra overall, but based on my experience I would say +2" legroom +13" cargo.

rbkelley89

Observer
There's lots of storage in my LJ...

A prototype LJ trunk box I made up a few years ago, now available from Gr8Tops: http://gr8tops.com/shop/jk-wrangler/jeep-secure-trunk-box Shaped to fit the slope of the back seat to maximize cargo capacity.

SoftbarnInstalled3.jpg

TrunkBox3.jpg

It also leaves just enough room in front of the tailgate so you could mount some storage on the tailgate:

SafariStoregate3_zps6928a00b.jpg

And, for storing smaller things around the Jeep, I've got what I call "Molle Bars" - sleeves with Molle webbing that go around the roll bars...

MolleBarDoneRear2_zps220e2798.jpg

MolleBarDoneFront_zps1bcb41ce.jpg

FirstAid1_zpsffca343a.jpg

what the news on the sleeves being made?

jscherb

Expedition Leader
what the news on the sleeves being made?

A company has signed up to market the Molle sleeves, and they're working with a sewing company to have them manufactured. The sewing company has sent one pre-production set of samples to the company that'll be marketing them, and after seeing the samples they've asked for a few minor tweaks before placing a production order. I'd expect the production order to be placed very soon, probably within a week, so they should be on the market shortly thereafter.

rbkelley89

Observer
Thank you im tring to see how many I can get in my jeep with my trek top. If I eas them id even market them to bronco rock buggies rzers lol anything with a tube im sure could use these thanks for the great idea. Space is an issue on our beloved jeeps.

OLRubicon

Here's my '06 LJ Rubicon 6 speed. It's my DD and infinite work in progress.

Some of the mods:

-Metalcloak 3.5" arb lift
-JKS 1.25" BL and 1" MML
-Currie hd steering
-Savvy tcase cable shifter
-JCR bumpers (old style)
-warn 9.5 cti w/synthetic
-trucklite headlights and jw speaker 6150 fogs

DSC_6341_zps6uqvq1l9.jpg

DSC_6345_zpssherwa0k.jpg

K2ZJ

Explorer
Thank you, after a quick look at some Google images I am pretty sure you are correct. It reminded me of a State park in PA that looked the same and I remember wanting to drive through it, so it makes sense with Rausch Creek is in PA.

Last edited:

MossMan

Adventurer
Finally got another one. 06 Rubicon w/ AEV high line kit and beadlocks. The 37s are coming off and 35s going on.image.jpg

Grzzly

05 rubi sahara # 936

Northern Maine

Attachments

• train trek (89).jpg
    train trek (89).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 43
  • train trek (16).jpg
    train trek (16).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 40

MossMan

Adventurer
Why are you taking the 37s off and why is the back slanted like that

The 37s are really too big. They at full lock and it has some wobble. I want this to drive as comfortably as possible on road and off.

The top is a Bestop Trektop. That's how it's made.

The Jeep also has a Currie 1 ton steering setup and I still need to install the Nth Tummy Tuck skid plate.

jeepn0811

The black stretched one has to be the nicest jeep I've seen. Everything the unlimited should have been from the factory. My personal taste would be to add the high line kit and 37's but that's just me. Great job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat