LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

loren85022

Explorer
CJ2AinAZ: No driver error in my opinion. Just some experience. I'd rather see a trailer upside down on the trail than right side up in the driveway. It does seem to defy the term RTT.

The jeep gets cool points, as does that shack out back. Where is that?

atavuss

Adventurer
Here is mine, it is a post WWll civilian 1/4 ton Bantam. It had a tailgate from the factory. I am the second owner. I fabbed a mount to change out the stock worn out Fulton ball hitch and replaced it with a Max Coupler. I replaced the rotted 6x16.00 tires to 7x16.00 NDC tube type tires on the stock wheels that I had sand blasted and powder coated. I still need to redo the paint some day. I mostly use it to carry my Hobie Pro Angler kayak along with camping gear.
trailer.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero:--

View attachment 94020View attachment 94021

My mistake should have taken the low road, high road was loose rock and the original tires were pretty low on tread. She slipped off the the ledge and that was that.
ultimately, driver error :oops:

I got one or two of those but I think it was the trailer springs being too stiff. It was a good excuse to talk to Adventure Trailers :) View attachment 94972View attachment 94973

Sorry guys, I quoted your posts, because of my new trailer spare tire cover-

Tentrax538s002.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

drgnhrt1979

Adventurer
:sombrero:--

Sorry guys, I quoted your posts, because of my new trailer spare tire cover-

Tentrax538s002.jpg

do you also have the winsheild banner that say to "roll me over if you can read this?" Love the tire cover too... were did you get it?

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh. no my windshield banner doesn't say that !

do you also have the winsheild banner that say to "roll me over if you can read this?" Love the tire cover too... were did you get it?

I got the tire cover from---www.allthingsjeep.com-

They have a lotta choices !

gasman

Adventurer
i know youve seen it before .. i have finally got the 35's on it . i had my buddy machine the original hubs . so now everything matches.
bryanspics441.jpg
bryanspics442.jpg
bryanspics436.jpg

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Expo-ish.....:) it has 24" ground clearance...its just a tad long !
IMG_1555.JPGIMG_1581.jpgIMG_1585.jpg

DSC_5787.jpg

DSCN4467.jpg

and this fits in the garage.....

006.jpg

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
quick shot you can see more in my signature link :)

OH and its for sale :)

conqueror_fj.jpg

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Pic's of my home-built trailer in use. I didn't build it, but found it here on ExPo a while back. Still have the trailer, no longer have the Jeep :(

1140563131_bTGfr-XL.jpg

1140563164_eio79-XL.jpg

1144242031_TXPFi-XL.jpg

IMG2329-XL.jpg

IMG2218-XL.jpg

After selling the Jeep, we continued to use the trailer behind the Armada. After this photo was taken, I fitted 33" BFG AT's on it, which tows a lot better down the highway!:
928722735_4UFxq-XL.jpg

toymaster

Explorer

I have a question if you don't mind. I basically have the same trailer and I have just ordered a RTT. When you are in the tent toward the back of the trailer will the tongue raise up on you?

The axle is more or less centered under the RTT so if you have enough weight on the rear I could see tipping issues. I'm just wondering if it is a concern since you have obviously been inside of the tent with an empty trailer, the worst possible combo for such an event.

Thanks.
Looking forward to using my new RTT and new fridge this summer :sombrero:

Edit: After using the RTT no rear support was needed. With 3,500lb axle and long leaf springs the trailer did not bounce or even try to tip up with me and my wife in the RTT....steady as a rock. Also having a front wheel on the tongue jack is the way to go.

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I have a question if you don't mind. I basically have the same trailer and I have just ordered a RTT. When you are in the tent toward the back of the trailer will the tongue raise up on you?

The axle is more or less centered under the RTT so if you have enough weight on the rear I could see tipping issues. I'm just wondering if it is a concern since you have obviously been inside of the tent with an empty trailer, the worst possible combo for such an event.

Thanks.
Looking forward to using my new RTT and new fridge this summer :sombrero:

A trailer like these with an RTT often requires stabilizer jacks in the rear to prevent that from happening.

RTTOpenFrontBack1.jpg

Jacks.jpg

I installed mine using receivers so they can be easily removed if maximum ground clearance/departure angle is required.

Stabilizers2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater