Lexus GX470 Expedition build

boo471

Adventurer
For sale already ? Seems like you just built it. Does it have 3rd row seating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I know, time goes by quick. But it has been over 2 years since I got it now. Yes I do came have the 3rd row seating. I have pretty much everything it came with when it rolled of the factory floor.

//Marten

Darklight777

Marten, any future plans for a new build or are you heading in a whole new direction?
Hope the best for you and your family. I know you have had many great adventures in the gx
Bobby

boo471

Adventurer
Thanks for the kind words Bobby! There will be another build, hopefully in the near future!

BR,
Marten

Marten, any future plans for a new build or are you heading in a whole new direction?
Hope the best for you and your family. I know you have had many great adventures in the gx
Bobby

boo471

Adventurer
Scuba Steve has found a new home.

Thanks everyone for following the build of my truck. Scuba Steve is sold to a local owner for more adventures and to open up room for a new project for me. I will update the thread with a link to my future build once I decide on a vehicle.

Best Regards,
Marten

hove102

Adventurer
Just spent a few hours reading through this build thread...what an inspiration. Definitely aiming to have a rig that well-thought-out somewhere in the future, probably a GX like yours as well. Hopefully your next build will be just as awesome! Can't wait to see where it goes.

ukrboy

Observer
Marten, great build! I'm looking at the GX 470 also and was wondering, before all the mods, what kind of mileage were you getting?

freddy_dt

Way late to the game but had a few quick questions. What did you use to paint your wheels and grill? And, did you use the spray on Plasti-Dip? I just bought a 470 last week and I'm really excited to get building on it.

boo471

Adventurer
Its been a while. Its been a long while.

So I sold the Lexus. Not because I wasn't happy with it but since we decided to move back to Europe and a 13mpg gas powered V8 isn't the optimal tool with the gas prices in Europe. I wanted something that didn't consume tons of fuel, something that could take a beating and survive the muddy and stoney forrest roads that we have here in Scandinavia. And preferably a little bit lighter then the LC.

So after spending a couple of months getting our new place ready to move in and settling in a work I finally got time to scout for a new car. Yesterday I was at the Toyota dealer and picked up something that i think fits that profile. Its a 2015 Toyota Hilux 2,5 D-4D with a 5 speed, factory rear locker and an AC. Thats pretty much it. I wanted it simple and rugged. I took it for a quick testdrive on the local forrest roads. Nothing extreme but it seemed really capable over the few rougher sections.

I will create a new build thread for the Hilux shortly and will ad a link to that build in this thread for anyone that is interested.

//Marten

Darklight777

Damn Martenn that is a nice truck! Send one back to the states for me 😎
Hope you and the family are settling back in well.

Bobby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal