Like A Moth To The Flame- My New LR3

A.J.M

Explorer
Looking good!

Funnily, i also have the Expo rack with curved LED bar. Mine is 50 inches, 288w and 24,000 lumems. It's superb!

My car came with the side mouldings, however, mine have been fitted about 6 inches further up the doors. Right at the height a normal car's door would open and strike the door at. Very handy height and has saved the doors from real damage.

I love your rear bumper. How do you find it for daily use? Is it fiddly to open?

cannonball55

Adventurer
The truck is looking awesome Dendy, sorry to hear about the misadventures on the trip, glad most of all that no one was hurt though!

<snip>
My car came with the side mouldings, however, mine have been fitted about 6 inches further up the doors. Right at the height a normal car's door would open and strike the door at. Very handy height and has saved the doors from real damage.

<snip>

It looks like the door moldings are just a little too low (could be perspective though), while i dont have the side moldings i would love them. I have recently acquired a door ding in each door right about where A.J.M.'s moldings are installed. Hopefully though these are at a proper height to prevent any dings!

A.J.M

Explorer
DC1DE5FD-B491-44B5-A612-B16E8D7ABA85_zpsuvzo126m.jpg

My bar and a rough idea of where the door mountings are on it as well.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Lights on the roof look good, but in my opinion that is the worst place for lights, because they end up lighting the whole hood, which is a distraction at night. Good lights on the front of the vehicle is all you need.

Mx468

Observer
Blackout hood

Just make a hood blackout. I used a can of plasti dip which cost me under $8.00.

Attachments

• IMG_6436.jpg
    IMG_6436.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 51

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Re: Door Mouldings: The OEM height is 5 inches off the door bottoms. I agree, it might have been better higher (as far as door protection), but once these things are on ... they are on.

Re: Hood Black Out- I suppose the Plasti-Dip works, but I have gotten comfortable putting these VIGG Design blackouts on ... and they last a good long time and are easy to keep clean.

Re: Light Bar: This is a 50" Curved Bar from BullDog LED lighting. The curved bar is far superior to a straight LED light bar, as the curvature keeps the light from canceling light and thus casting shadows. With the hood black out, I find no negative glare from the upper light bar.

Thanks guys.
D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Still loving the Galway Green LR3. No sign of losing my love for the truck anytime soon. This could be a record for me :)

My wife just got in on the Galway Green love as well. 2010 RR HSE.

A.J.M

Explorer
Did you buy her the RR to say sorry for the hood cover row? ;)

Looks very nice, not usually a fan of green but your's does look very nice.

How do you like the LED bar, i checked the spec's and we both have the same output from them? I find mine to be superb for night driving, also have no issues with bonnet glare from me.

spikemd

Explorer
The LR3 Gets a Hair Cut!!

But I started looking at some others trucks and the front runner racks and really started to like the minimalist look of them. So, I gave the Rover a hair cut.

There is lots less wind noise. Much better visibility, and the truck just looks nicer in my opinion.

D

I bought my truck with the top tier removed but don't like the open rear ends of the rack. What did you use to 'cap' them off?

I agree that it looks much cleaner and is easier to park I garages with a lift.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, thanks for the good comments. I took the original end caps and a dermal tool. They are held on with a tiny tie strap and then wrapped with a thicker outdoor grade heat shrink electrical tape. It almost looks like factory in my opinion. It was a "hack" job however ... :)

D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Eniam17: I am not with the truck this week (out of town).
I can take a picture for you when I return. It is a Super Winch and looks like a direct bolt on (if memory serves).

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh