Like A Moth To The Flame- My New LR3

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Rods direct from manufacturer, and divot tool at ********'s, as I don't golf ;-) (too fast paced for me-no joints to destroy)

t42beal13t

Adventurer
Dendy, I didn't realize you were back in a LR, and an LR3 at that! I picked one up around Christmas and love it! First quarter bonus check will probably add a roof rack or front a frame bar. Do you have a link to the light covers?

Great looking LR3, I'm jealous of the HD package.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I am sorry for the delay responding. Somehow I missed your question. I have an ARB on the front. Heavy? Yes, but maximum protection.
And not too bad from a "looks" standpoint. I do, however like the factory cradle with factory "A" bar as far as a "looks" factor goes. The A bar, however would provide little impact protection.
D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Here is the truck pulling the Conqueror Commander through the back country of the Blue Ridge Mountains!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Here is the truck during some of the Blue Ridge Mountain flooding during the week of the 4th of July.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Quick dumb question that has been rattling around in the void space I call a brain: Can the air suspension compressor be used to air up a tire? I wouldn't rely on it but would sure be handy in a sticky situation.

t42beal13t

Adventurer
Afaik no one has been able to do it yet.

Quick dumb question that has been rattling around in the void space I call a brain: Can the air suspension compressor be used to air up a tire? I wouldn't rely on it but would sure be handy in a sticky situation.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I do believe that originally, James West truck was set up this way with a tank that the compressor filled, but I do believe he went with a separate ARB compressor later.
D

Mack73

Adventurer
Using the tank as an air compress has been done. It was much easier on early models as the front of the air tank had a bung that could be removed and an airhose adapter installed - this was removed at some point.

BUT the compressor is very slow and overheats. MUCH better to simply buy another portable compressor

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Highlands/Cashiers is my favorite area of Western NC.
I imagine Bridal Falls was something to see with all that rain!
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online