Love your tires??

dinobody

Observer
On heavy vans here is what I have used and what I thought of them.
Swamper truxus 37 ran good and quiet on road great in snow but wore out super fast needed a lot of weight to keep balanced
toyo mud terrain 37 good all around tire wears fast probably as fast as the truxus which was way to fast, balance pretty good
toyo at 35 wears much better than the toyo and super swamper great all around on road tire not much experience off road balance good
hankook dynapros mts 33 and 37s wear like iron, rock in the snow and mud and about the same amount of sound on road as the swampers and toyos and they are cheaper tire is very true and balances out very easily and stays balanced with no problem.
I ran some bfg muds on a diesel truck and had problems with broken belts and balancing and they wore pretty quick. Used them for years on my jeep and fought with afew broken belts on those tires to but they took a beating all the time.
I put a set of hankook dynapro at's on a van I built then drove it 200 miles I liked them they handled and rode good and were quiet.
My tire shop I buy a lot of tires from really has had great feed back from the duratracks so I may try a set of those out down the road.
I keep going back to the dynapro mt I like it for me. Not many people really need a mt but for where I live and the fact that my van is used mostly for off road trail trips and exploring I need the mt's. I never try to sell people on mud tires because if you figure out how much off road use your van is going to see it usually is just a waist of money. Hope that helps I have done gobs and gobs of research on tires and it always comes down to vehicle weight and how you plan to use it. Good luck with your choice.
Derek

How many miles have you got out of the Dynapro mts?

HK..

I'm running ******** Cepek mud countries 285/75r16's on my Xterra and have nothing but good to say about them. They have done awsome in all weather,snow, mud, ice, rain,sleet,rock, trails you name it and they have performed fantastic.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

dsw4x4

Adventurer
My current ones probably have 10k and look like the day I bought them except for yesterday we got 12+ inches of snow and I was up bashing around on trails so they may have gotten some wear and tear from that. My old ones I bought used and probably put 30k on them. They wear like iron.

rockbender

Adventurer
I know this has been beat around before, but it would be an easy bit of information for people to add regarding the likes/dislikes of certain tires.

Are people seeing a significant MPG difference between MT's and AT's or even aggressive all season's? I'm currently running 35" BFG MT's and am considering going with something less aggressive (and maybe even in a 33") in hopes of getting a bit better economy. Love the aggressive tires look, but realistically don't need something like that and would actually be better served with something more snow oriented.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
265/75R16 BFG A/Ts E load. 55,000 miles about 5K more left in them.
Love them, wouldn't use anything else on my van... and it's only rwd :p

sdski

Observer
Does everyone here run E load tires? I'm planning on a lightweight build in the rear and I only have the 5.4. I can get some tires from my roommate at a good price, but they are Ds and I was planning on running E loads, though technically they will support the weight fine by their rating.

Saline

Adventurer
A large portion of SMB 4x4 owners have made the switch to E range tires for the added capacity and stiffer sidewalls. Keep in mind though that most of the SMB's out there are 9000 to 11000lbs. You could probably get away with D range with your build.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Toyo AT's 285/75/16 Load range D

And I think there the ducks nuts. I had Hanook E rating on there before and they were a bit too stiff for what I use the van for (Club Wagon hauling people mainly). The Toyo's were good in the snow and are not hitting the fuel economy. (Phoenix - LA 17 MPG at 10 MPH over the speed limit all the way)

No Noise but they do rub on the edge of the fender if the suspension is compressed at full lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk