LR4 Accessories

chris snell

Adventurer
Looking for some Genuine seat covers for my 2013 LR4. Need the driver and passenger covers, along with covers for the second row (I have a seven-seat truck).

Is there a good place to mail order these stateside without paying full retail at the dealership?

Dmarchand

Adventurer
LR Niello or Rover Parts West seem to carry the best prices from what I've seen. The covers for the LR4 are far better than previous models in fit and fabric. I have the second row under our kids car seats and they have held up really well where the DII version tore at the seams within the first year.

chris snell

Adventurer
Thanks, David. LR Niello had everything I needed.

I'm in the same boat with the car seat. My son has entered the "destroy all things" phase and I need to get something between his feet and my new seats.

umbertob

Adventurer
Chris, could you kindly post a few shots after you fit these in your LR4? I have the same issue (times two, actually... 4-year old twin girls with tiny feet but big dreams of soccer stardom) and my seats and I have been suffering through it so far because I never cared much for seat covers, and the photos on LR's brochures never really show "real world" applications of these. Perhaps once I see them installed in your car I'll change my mind. My other problem is that neither finish of the genuine covers matches the color of my Arabica - dark brown - leather seats. Thanks!

smarks

Umbertob, I have the same color leather that you do and I ended up getting the almond seat covers as it matches some of the other interior within the truck. I think it looks really nice. It was actually the first thing that I bought when I got my LR4 last month as I have a 9 YO and 5 YO twins.

umbertob

Adventurer
smarks, in that case I would love to see some photos of yours. I have a 9 YO girl as well, in addition to the two little monsters... I can relate.

jhawk

Adventurer
Don't forget EBay. I just picked up a brand new front set in black for my LR3 (which I've never seen before) for $80. It took awhile, but they're out there. As far as fit and quality, I had LR seat covers on my D1 and these new ones are hands down better in every way except ease of installation.

Jim

chris snell

Adventurer
Glad to hear that the new covers are solid. I'll try to post some photos when I get them installed. I only bought the first and second row covers. Covers for the third row were almost $900.

umbertob

Adventurer
LOL, this is quickly turning into one of those sad "recommended by dad" threads I used to laugh at... before I was a dad, but since we are on the subject, the only high quality convertible car seats that I could fit 3 across on the rear bench of my old 2006 RRS and new 2013 LR4 were the Diono Radian RXT. They are great seats, built like tanks but narrow enough to fit 3 of them comfortably both in rear facing and front facing positions (although rear facing will severely limit backward travel of the front seats, like all convertibles.) Now that my 9-YO daughter has finally "graduated" to no car seat requirement, I can fit 2 Radians (one behind me on the driver's side and one in the center position) on the rear bench, and still have room to fold the rear passenger side seat to have access to the third row bench without removing either of the twins' seats.

Exploder
I would still place a towel under the carseat even if I had seat covers.

Of course, if you're strong enough to allow only water while in the truck, the towel would not be necessary.

chris snell

Adventurer
I used to make fun of this crap mercilessly before I had a little monster of my own. It's pretty amazing how determined to break stuff these little guys can be and how quickly all of my cool-guy ideals went out the window. On a more positive note, my little guy is now saying "Rohrer" every time he sees my Defender.

I use a towel. Sometimes two. Cost = $4

Josh, you have kids?

rijosho

Adventurer
I used to make fun of this crap mercilessly before I had a little monster of my own. It's pretty amazing how determined to break stuff these little guys can be and how quickly all of my cool-guy ideals went out the window. On a more positive note, my little guy is now saying "Rohrer" every time he sees my Defender.

Josh, you have kids?

I have a dog. And towels.

This seems perfect. Although it's so nice I'd probably still put towels down.

Can we see this LR4 yet? You never updated your other LR4 thread.

rear seat cover.jpgrear seat cover 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach