M1010 Build. The Rompulance

Gearing up for another big trip. 2500 miles in 10 days. Los Angeles to Zion National Park to Yellowstone to Tahoe then home with a bunch of little stops along the way.

If anyone has any recommendations for Yellowstone or Idaho that would be awesome!

With the trip coming up, I think its time to re-do the inside of the van. At least the driver side wall. We will see what I can get done this next week before the trip.

Recently did the starter relay mod and have been slowly ripping old wires out and cleaning up the ratsnest under the dash.

Also added bent and welded this up with a buddy of mine to get the generator two bundles of firewood and a jerry can out of the back of the ambulance to clear up some room in the back. Going to be taking it off and LINE-Xing it

The rack looks rad! Awesome to see a few more details on here... IG doesn't provide enough detail for fellow M1010 owners haha

I'm thinking of doing a similar style rack, but had planned on making it the full width of the box. Reusing the captive nuts from the AC is a very smart idea though.

krebsatm02

Observer
Dang, there's been a lot of M1010 action since I've posted. I need to get back on the dream instead of just using it for tailgating...

Anyone familiar with putting in a NV4500 in an old square body? And could give any advice. My buddy has a full donor vehicle and my tranny has been slipping a little so I think its about time to do the swap. The 5 speed will be super nice too

Very familiar....you would have to find you a pedal cluster but those are around everywhere here in Indiana. Convert it to hydraulic clutch though.
My name is Jason. Glad to meet you. Would be glad to help with advice if you needed any.

Here you go man

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/89-pathfinder-4x4-van-hybrid-build.200885/#post-2564917

Last edited:

dakota123

Adventurer
@chilliwak Thank you i really want to go back up there. Been living out of the truck now for 2 months up in northern california. Been exploring a lot up here its amazing! When the fire season ends im thinking about heading more north into canada for a couple weeks. Really want to check out Banff.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Banff is really cool Mr Dakota but super expensive and very turisty. I could show yuou some cool places that are more off the beaten path. You could always come by my place, but then I would probably give you a hammer and put you to work.

p9uO6HW.jpg

Beware, it looks really bad up at my place. ?

TwinDuro

Whoa! You raised the roof indeed! Looking forward to seeing your new buildup. Out of curiosity, whats the total height now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach