M416 trailer build my brother and I

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Just a few pictures of the jeep and the trailer together. Like I said earlier the color is off but close enough for me.
T84.jpg
T85.jpg
T89.jpg

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
The top weighed approx 175 lbs, so we ordered two 250 lbs gas struts. The 250 lbs struts were too much for it and we had to down size to 150 struts, they worked prefect.
T98.jpg
My brother added a support bar along the side with the hinges to give it added support.
T99.jpg
And a shot with it closed and one of the roof racks on it.
T100.jpg
A shot with it open with both of the roof racks installed. :Wow1:
T101.jpg

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
The only thing left to do on the trailer is to paint the top (same color as the trailer), add the hardware to the top, move the tongue box forward and make the basket for the water / fuel cans that will go between the tongue box and the bed. My brother has completed most if not all of these things over the last week but he has not sent any pictures since he wants it to be a surprise for me to see it. He will be bringing it up to the house tomorrow for the big reveal. I can't wait to see it. :jumping:

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Well the trailer is complete now, it will take a few more days to get the pictures up on here. I'll get them up as soon as I can.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
They are never complete..................We always see something to add or improve on.

Looking forward to the finished pictures.

Great build!

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
As promised here are some of the finished pictures. But first a picture or two of what we started with. Enjoy!
T10.jpg
T11.jpg
And now what it looks like.
T102.jpg
T103.jpg
T104.jpg
T105.jpg
T106.jpg

Attachments

• T107.jpg
    T107.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 78

3d fj

Observer
perhaps i missed it, but do you have a handbrake still on the trailer?

very nice! i hope that when i start my build, it will turn out close to this. just saw the pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach