Mahindra 4x4 pickup

mlabbep

Hi Chip. A warm greeting from Chile to all members of Expo, really is a fascinating site where vehicles and are truly wonderful experiences.
My SUV Scorpio interior trim is very simple but functional. To meet this strong spirit out of the way, has a built-efficient electronic traction type 4x4. It is also equipped with a powerful diesel engine SOHC intercooled 2.5-liter, CRDe technology and eight valves. Mechanical transmission has five speeds and a power of 113 HP at 3,800 RPM. It is a robust vehicle of great strength, ideal for "making roads".
When any member coming to Chile, do not hesitate to contact me, here in Chile there are many beautiful places to explore.

Warm regards

Matias Labbe from Chile

Viggen

Just here...
Its good to see someone who actually has a Mahindra product. When are they going up for sale in the US? Next month for sure?

haven

Expedition Leader
This has nothing to do with the Mahindra pickup, but might be important to potential Mahindra dealers: Several web sites are reporting that Mahindra is thinking about (or even has made an offer) to buy SAAB.

Mahindra trucks and SAAB cars are not a perfect fit by any means. But selling SAABs might be an important way for Mahindra dealers to remain solvent. And selling Mahindra trucks might help SAAB dealers, too. SAAB has dealers all over Europe as well as about 220 in USA and Canada.

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
Saab

This has nothing to do with the Mahindra pickup, but might be important to potential Mahindra dealers: Several web sites are reporting that Mahindra is thinking about (or even has made an offer) to buy SAAB.

Mahindra trucks and SAAB cars are not a perfect fit by any means. But selling SAABs might be an important way for Mahindra dealers to remain solvent. And selling Mahindra trucks might help SAAB dealers, too. SAAB has dealers all over Europe as well as about 220 in USA and Canada.

I know that this is a Mahindra thread, but just to reply to Haven, Spykers Cars of the Netherlands (http://www.spykercars.nl) were today, December 21th, in meeting with GM. Spyker's original bid was declined on Friday, but just last night Spyker came back with new bid, seriously interested in buying SAAB.
Tomas

haven

Expedition Leader
Spyker is not the only bidder. We'll see if any company will post a bid
acceptable to GM and the Swedish government.

jingram

Adventurer
Well after seeing pics of it next to a dodge dakota, I have totally lost interest in it. Perhaps the pics are deceiving, but the thing looks HUGE. Nearly full size. I still bemoan the fact that automakers have lost site of what makes a "compact" truck.

ywen

Explorer
Well after seeing pics of it next to a dodge dakota, I have totally lost interest in it. Perhaps the pics are deceiving, but the thing looks HUGE. Nearly full size. I still bemoan the fact that automakers have lost site of what makes a "compact" truck.

Yep it's huge.. look at it next to a F150..

3403633417_77e7ae3df2_b.jpg

dox

Yep it's huge.. look at it next to a F150..

While some see this as a disadvantage, it makes me even more interested. I was thinking it would be smaller than a tacoma and that I wouldn't fit in it well (I'm very tall and built like a NFL linebacker). Seeing that it is nearly as big as a F150 (but maybe not quite?) and has the potential to get nearly 30MPG highway, I'm getting more excited.

I hope this really happens, so I have an opportunity to drive it.

milo12

Adventurer
No way can you judge the size from that picture. The f150 is at least 10 feet away and the Mahindra is much closer to the lens.

Why don't you just look at the website and compare the real numbers from the data sheet?

F150 4 door 248.4 long, 163 WB
Mahindra 4 door 206.73 long, 119.68 WB

Mahindra is 85.4 in shorter overall and has a 87.05 in shorter wheelbase.

milo12

Adventurer
:victory: Hilarious, what a dummy. I subtracted the wb from the length for each vehicle.

F150 is 41.67 longer and the F150 WB is 43.32 longer.

Hope I got it right this time.

chrismc

Adventurer
That looks better. :) I'm surprised that the savings in length are entirely from the wheelbase! That Mahindra should turn on a dime compared to the F-150. Any idea how the track width's compare? I can't wait to test drive one of these things! (and then let someone else reliability-test them)

haven

Expedition Leader
Don't know the track width yet, but we do have information
about the overall vehicle width, compared to Tacoma and F150.

From post #262:

Mahindra regular cab 4x4
Overall height 71.8 inches
Overall width 69.7
Overall length 206.7
Wheelbase 119.7
Bed length 7.5 feet

Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab
Overall height 65.7
Overall width 72.2
Overall length 190.4
Wheelbase 109.4