Massive Toyota lawsuit effects Tacomas, Sequoias and Tundras

Clutch

<---Pass
Who. Ares about 8 and 10 speed transmissions. They suck to drive in the mountains. Constantly shifting. Never happy with the heat they're in. You make all these retarded claims about tundras and don't even know they can get an integrated trailer brake controller. Maybe learn something before spewing the garbage that comes out of your mouth

Toyota was supposed to.release the brake controller in 14. Oops. Didn't make it. Was going to.be in 15.... Oops, didn't make it. You could get the proper bezel, but no.brake controller. Last I heard, 16 was iffy.

So... What is it about the garbage I "spew." I take it from.your post that you have a lot of.seat time in the dodge 8-speed and ford's not yet released (outside of 17 Raptors) 10-speed?

Are you two married? :p :D ha ha!

Dalko43

Explorer
most likely where they are made ? and the steel used sourced etc..

The 4runner and LandCruiser frames and platforms are made in Japan. The Tacoma, Tundra (and by extension Sequoia) frames and platforms are made in North America. The Japan-sourced stuff hasn't had any rust-related recalls (at least none that I've heard of); the Tacoma has had a bunch (not sure about the Tundra).

I'm sure there is more nuance to that whole topic, but by and large, I put a lot more faith in the Japanese built stuff than I do the North American stuff.

Honu

lost on the mainland
YUP :) why I posted that I write kinda glyphy sometimes :) hahahahaha I use ? more as that ya know kinda meaning :) hahhahaha
just did not bother with the Japan US thing

sadly the Japanese are making better product then some of the domestic I feel especially out of say hino who is more a fleet builder I do think the quality is better :)

sold my FJC and bought a 4runner and very happy so far with it just over a year and the FJ was great had it for 7 years but our kids got to big for the rear seats or we would have kept it

I looked at the tacoma (had them in the past) but to me the drum rear brakes and rust issues and just the feel of closing the doors kinda can sounding compared ? IMHO not as nice build quality as the 4runner

The 4runner and LandCruiser frames and platforms are made in Japan. The Tacoma, Tundra (and by extension Sequoia) frames and platforms are made in North America. The Japan-sourced stuff hasn't had any rust-related recalls (at least none that I've heard of); the Tacoma has had a bunch (not sure about the Tundra).

I'm sure there is more nuance to that whole topic, but by and large, I put a lot more faith in the Japanese built stuff than I do the North American stuff.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Toyota was supposed to.release the brake controller in 14. Oops. Didn't make it. Was going to.be in 15.... Oops, didn't make it. You could get the proper bezel, but no.brake controller. Last I heard, 16 was iffy.

So... What is it about the garbage I "spew." I take it from.your post that you have a lot of.seat time in the dodge 8-speed and ford's not yet released (outside of 17 Raptors) 10-speed?

Well it's been out for a long time now.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
The new ones make the old stuff seem barbaric.

I am kinda in the middle, want enough modern conveniences (like EFI) without going over the top. Some of the stuff vehicles are coming with now-a-days is getting to be a little much...like auto parking, auto braking, etc...believe that is going to create more and more unskilled drivers. Of course I see the day coming where we won't be allowed to drive our own vehicles. Think I complain a lot about not be able to find a manual transmission...just wait. ;)

sticker,220x200-bg,ffffff-pad,220x200,ffffff.u1.jpg

I've seen on the news more than once where some thug tried to steal a car but couldn't get away because it was a manual transmission. It should be a prerequisite for manhood IMO.

Clutch

<---Pass
I've seen on the news more than once where some thug tried to steal a car but couldn't get away because it was a manual transmission. It should be a prerequisite for manhood IMO.

Buddy of mine is in the fire department, they were at an accident scene, the chief asked a probie to move one of the vehicles...he came back saying that he couldn't...well why not son, is it trashed, what? ummm...errrr....well...don't know how to drive a manual trans, sir....the chief fricken lost it.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I am sure there are some but its very rare :)

someones pic of a bit of surface rust is not frame rot ? this is one of the frame rot pics
whiplash+willy-albums-my+2013+4runner+sr5-picture20627-framerust3.jpg

yeah nothing last for ever ?
the other link to a 16 year old frames so yeah 16 years in a area of snow and salt will rust anything and I bet other cars in the same environment do not make it 16 years and nothing to do with something being bad

again live in the islands you will see what rust is ! year around heavy heavy salt and humidity you see very few old daily drivers running around and when you do they are almost always toyota ! the other ones have rusted out long before that
I have seen Maui cruisers only 5 years old with the whole floor rusted out in American cars !

the cars I have had there with the least rust were Japanese built ?

There are cases of 4Runner frame rot. See post #7 in this thread. It's not as widespread but they don't last forever, either.

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass

Thanks for the link!

There is also the millennial crowd as well: https://www.cars.com/articles/forget-cars-millennials-dont-even-want-drivers-licenses-1420683202016/

Perhaps Car Culture is starting to slip. Which may not be a bad thing...I am no environmentalist, but car culture isn't doing the planet any good. Just look at the tremendous amount of resources and energy the automobile devourers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz