Massive Toyota lawsuit effects Tacomas, Sequoias and Tundras

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Ok mileage makes sense, I do have a client that has a gasser and she is getting 17 HWY unloaded, not bad. Also have buddies with the Tundra...14 on a good day, why does that truck get such horrible mileage? Even the Tacoma just gets crap for mileage..."should" be closer to 30.

Thinking a F350/FWC is going to be my retirement vehicle...need to squeak a few years out of the ol' beater Tacoma tho'.

Well the tundra has 4:30 gears. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

bkg

Explorer
Ok mileage makes sense, I do have a client that has a gasser and she is getting 17 HWY unloaded, not bad. Also have buddies with the Tundra...14 on a good day, why does that truck get such horrible mileage? Even the Tacoma just gets crap for mileage..."should" be closer to 30.

Thinking a F350/FWC is going to be my retirement vehicle...need to squeak a few years out of the ol' beater Tacoma tho'.

I.think they are riding their high mileage hybrids to balance laziness in development on the truck side. Ford has ecoboost, gm has on-deman cylinder tech, dodge has ecodiesal. Ford, dodge going to 8,10 speed transmissions.

Can one even get the integrated brake controller in the tundra yet?

Clutch

<---Pass
I.think they are riding their high mileage hybrids to balance laziness in development on the truck side. Ford has ecoboost, gm has on-deman cylinder tech, dodge has ecodiesal. Ford, dodge going to 8,10 speed transmissions.

They sure have gotten lazy with their trucks, surprised they even sell them here anymore. All focus seems to be on the hybrid and fuel cell vehicles. Heck, even GM gave us a glimpse at a fuel cell truck. Not going to be cheap, but you can produce your power, and I "think" it produces 2 gallons of water per hour. Won't have to carry water anymore. That is really cool!

Though Toyota does a have a fuel cell car on the market already, can give props to that.

rruff

Explorer
They don't offer any other gear ratios?

Not with the 5.7.

I drove a F250 and a 2500 Chevy, both with their biggest gas V8s, and they were dogs in acceleration compared to the Tundra. HP specs are similar. It actually felt like gearing and shift programming was the cause. If I was really interested I would have investigated further, but I preferred the Tundra anyway. According to surveys of actual MPG achieved all the 1/2 tons are very close.

bkg

Explorer
Mine claims to have it, and it's the lowest trim 4x4 I could get. All 5.7 engines come with the tow package.

Claims to.have it? It's either there or not. Right of the steering column, left of 4wd knob.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader

Who. Ares about 8 and 10 speed transmissions. They suck to drive in the mountains. Constantly shifting. Never happy with the heat they're in. You make all these retarded claims about tundras and don't even know they can get an integrated trailer brake controller. Maybe learn something before spewing the garbage that comes out of your mouth

bkg

Explorer
Who. Ares about 8 and 10 speed transmissions. They suck to drive in the mountains. Constantly shifting. Never happy with the heat they're in. You make all these retarded claims about tundras and don't even know they can get an integrated trailer brake controller. Maybe learn something before spewing the garbage that comes out of your mouth

Toyota was supposed to.release the brake controller in 14. Oops. Didn't make it. Was going to.be in 15.... Oops, didn't make it. You could get the proper bezel, but no.brake controller. Last I heard, 16 was iffy.

So... What is it about the garbage I "spew." I take it from.your post that you have a lot of.seat time in the dodge 8-speed and ford's not yet released (outside of 17 Raptors) 10-speed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz