Massive Toyota lawsuit effects Tacomas, Sequoias and Tundras

Clutch

<---Pass
We've totally detailed this thing .

Like that is anything new! ;)

I have 275 on the 60 and 128 on the 4Runner. The new tundras have a huge gas tank now. :). I did find a 200 at carmax for 39000. I wanted that thing so bad. The good thing about Toyota is you can go to the dealer and order parts for the 70. A lot of mechanical parts are interchangeable with a 60. Also there are internet sites you can get parts for them. Check out austousa.com

A 70 sure would be cool as a hobby vehicle for sure. Dirt bikes are my hobby, so they win in the end...LC70's are cool and all, but just really need a hauler for the scooters. Been kinda waiting to see what was going to happen with Gas Gas under the new owners...my wondering has been answered at the recent Euro show, all new chassis from the ground up..."should" be here in the States by September '17. Think I'll keep my old crap running, and treat myself to a new bike instead of a new truck. :D

ab9t1608.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
What all do you drive?

We have our own fleet today. Due to a local grandparent / grand kid transport driver who surprised us and punched his ticket not long ago.
Daily driver / kid transporter 2010 Subaru 2.5 Outback limited. Also our road trip rig. We bought a 06 Sequoia for hauling us plus grandpa, and gramps hauled kids around during the week with it.
So today? I drive the Subaru. Solo trips I drive gramps SLK350 which is an 05 with 18k on the clock. Nice car! Keeping it.
Sequoia and Subaru most likely will get sold and a new rig that gets good mileage and can haul a load of stuff. Starting my own biz and its looking more and more like a pickup will be high on the list.

Diesel Canyon, LB with decked drawer system and contractor cap? Kinda looking like thats the direction I'm headed.

bkg

Explorer

No... IT is not a common issue. Ford has not replaced frames, to the best of my knowledge, on 04+ trucks.

A local MN news station called me a.number aof years ago to talk about the tundra spare tire ceoss member rusting... Off... I owned a double cab at the time, which wasn't part of the "issue." I challenge anyone to find another MFG with these problems.

I've owned over 50 toyota's. I love them. But Toyota seems to have gotten lazy..
And hard to defend

bkg

Explorer
What all do you drive?

Got rid of the tundra and bought an f350. Much higher quality with many more options for not much more $. Oh.. And I recently got 21.3 highway mpg... Best the tundra ever did was 17.1.

Wife drives a 15 4runner which I love.

Also drive an 04 Tacoma dcab and an 04 dcab SAS...

Just sold my 87 4runner

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
No... IT is not a common issue. Ford has not replaced frames, to the best of my knowledge, on 04+ trucks.

A local MN news station called me a.number aof years ago to talk about the tundra spare tire ceoss member rusting... Off... I owned a double cab at the time, which wasn't part of the "issue." I challenge anyone to find another MFG with these problems.

I've owned over 50 toyota's. I love them. But Toyota seems to have gotten lazy..
And hard to defend

Ford hasn't replaced any frames because they are NOT being held to the same standard as Toyota. Ford is not stepping up to the plate and standing by their product. It IS. A common issue. Searching forums would show this to you. But your brain is so goo goo over boxed frame you can't fathom that fact. Who gives a rats behind if a news agency called you. What does that prove?

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Got rid of the tundra and bought an f350. Much higher quality with many more options for not much more $. Oh.. And I recently got 21.3 highway mpg... Best the tundra ever did was 17.1.

Wife drives a 15 4runner which I love.

Also drive an 04 Tacoma dcab and an 04 dcab SAS...

Just sold my 87 4runner

Hey retard, I wasn't asking you was I? Didn't i quote clutch? Fords are garbage, along with everything else made in Murica.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Ok so this post has gone way past its intended purpose. Admins can we close it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clutch

<---Pass
Ok so this post has gone way past its intended purpose. Admins can we close it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can delete the whole thing if you wanted to. Though...BSing with one another is half the fun of these forums, it is like being in a garage BSing with your buddies about anything and everything.. Would be boring if everyone stayed on topic if was all just technical information...be like reading a shop manual.

Last edited:

bkg

Explorer
LOL!

Yep.

Is the F350 gas?

No. Went with the power stroke. So far, I love the truck. Only complaint is getting used to the wiper and light location changes and the momentary blinker switch. Its quieter than the Tundra, has much better technology. Only other real complaint is that mileage and power go away during a regen. Its a weird feeling.

Last edited:

bkg

Explorer
Ford hasn't replaced any frames because they are NOT being held to the same standard as Toyota. Ford is not stepping up to the plate and standing by their product. It IS. A common issue. Searching forums would show this to you. But your brain is so goo goo over boxed frame you can't fathom that fact. Who gives a rats behind if a news agency called you. What does that prove?

So ford has had frames rust completely through and had complaints of spare tires falling off? Got it.

Clutch

<---Pass
No. Went with the power stroke. So far, I love the truck. Only complaint is getting used to the wiper and light location changes and the momentary blinker switch. Its quieter than the Tundra, has much better technology. Only other real complaint is that mileage and power go away during a regen. Its a weird feeling.

Ok mileage makes sense, I do have a client that has a gasser and she is getting 17 HWY unloaded, not bad. Also have buddies with the Tundra...14 on a good day, why does that truck get such horrible mileage? Even the Tacoma just gets crap for mileage..."should" be closer to 30.

Thinking a F350/FWC is going to be my retirement vehicle...need to squeak a few years out of the ol' beater Tacoma tho'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz