Matthewp's MuTTT (Multiple Terrain Tactical Teardrop).

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I really like that roll in tire holder design. It is a pain in the ***** to hold and mount on the studs on mine. I will take a look at that on the next one.

Bob

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Not too much was accomplished tonight. I did at least get most of the water tank and electrical areas boxed in (nothing actually screwed in though). The water tank area will be sealed in case of a leak.
a7yzaju2.jpg

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Matthewp's STILL Un-named Off-road Camper Build.

I really like that roll in tire holder design. It is a pain in the ***** to hold and mount on the studs on mine. I will take a look at that on the next one.

Bob

Bob, I got the whole idea for that off the military LMTV trucks I've worked with, I really can't take too much credit.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey

Behold! The $95 propane fitting! $18 for the original piece, $2 for the adapter to the extension hose... And $75 for machining the piece to attach to the adapter. After more than a month on the Internet searching for the non-existent correct fitting, the cost of machining was well worth it. I'm beginning to feel like Richard Attenbrough's character in Jurassic Park, "Spared no expense!"
e4ababan.jpg

7ure2a8y.jpg

I'm not sure how the foreman feels about my work pace.
ybuhebu5.jpg

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
What are you adapting it to? Damn that expenisive lol

It's for the extension of the propane connection from the tank. I wanted to have the tank up front but have a standard connector near the rear of the trailer (using a 12' extension hose). I guess when you want something that bad, you have to pay for it!

silvrzuki77

explorer

aaah i see! Lol. Im setting mine on the rear driver sender fender and then will have a ammo can on passenger rear to offset the weight.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
aaah i see! Lol. Im setting mine on the rear driver sender fender and then will have a ammo can on passenger rear to offset the weight.

With my fenders being set into the body (having only 6" sticking out) and wanting to have a full-size tank, I came up with this plan. I hope it works!

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
For those of you who just love pictures (or can't quite grasp my strange design), here is the completed spare tire/propane mount.
za9y8a4a.jpg

Safety chain mounted (old bicycle inner-tube makes a great protective sleeve for the rim).
yhe5urez.jpg

The line off the propane tank goes under the trailer and out the passenger side, behind the wheel, to a standard "Acme" tank connector.
y8enugyv.jpg

7u7ejary.jpg

Also, I finally got the other cargo door section skinned, along with the two front panels. I learned from the first section that I want to wait for the 3M 5200 adhesive/sealant to completely cure (7 days) before I paint over it.
8y6ury6y.jpg

byquqa8e.jpg

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Also, I'm starting to add the detail stuff, like the rubber bumpers for the cargo doors (so they don't just bounce off the trailer frame if they drop open).
6eta5usu.jpg

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey

This weekend, I finally got the sheet metal done with the exception of the rear-end piece (which will require engineering of the rear storage compartment (good idea on using the 6" area underneath the kitchen Jim! It's going to store the two side tables for the kitchen area). I will also have to get the plumbing sorted out as the rear "manual" water tap will be back there.

One noteworthy addition is the pair of chock-block storage areas. I had been looking for a spot to securely store my chock-blocks but I didn't want to just throw them in the basement storage.
a7ysuty5.jpg

I saw I had a triangular shaped area immediately to the front of the wheel well...
abebezab.jpg

Right shape, right size. Now, how to get them to stay there? I took one look at the conveniently hollowed out center section of my chock-blocks and it hit me. Drill the centers out and use a screw-on knob to hold them into their spots.
deqenuja.jpg

e9erepet.jpg

Here's the wooden build-up for the storage area in place. This was covered in steel and will be sealed and painted.
hama6anu.jpg

More pictures to come when it's painted. I still don't think the foreman is happy with my pace.
apega6a3.jpg

Last edited:

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
...And a question for you electrically savvy folks, how do I wire this? It's a momentary switch I will use for the basement cargo doors/lights.
sejyvane.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach