MB 1113 4x4 bus/thing

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Found an interesting base vehicle for a project. Would take a lot of work, but you could end up with a 4x4 camper that is serviceable most anywhere in the world:

e70f_20.JPG

Mercedes Benz LA 1113 Turbo Diesel om352 4x4 bus camper truck
Price: US $4,995.00

No connection, yadda yadda. I just ran across the ad while surfin' da ‘net. I emailed the contact to see if it is still available. It is.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Is that the same beast that's been on Craigslist for a while that did the round the world trip?

Yes, I think that's it. He has some pictures of it in India I believe.

Christian

Adventurer
WAUUUUW!!!
That is SWEEET!

:Wow1::Wow1:
:Wow1::Wow1::Wow1:
:Wow1::Wow1:​

I would love to restore that one, too bad it's on the other side of the pond though...

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I really wish I could get that thing.

I'm no expert, but from what I've learned on here, on the old ExpoCampers site, and in general surfing, that would be the ultimate vehicle for international travel (outside of North America).

Unless I'm mistaken the 'bull nose' mercedes trucks were used for a lot of years in just about every country. So, globally speaking, it is probaby the easiest vehicle to find parts and service for. They also have an outstanding reputation for durability. While they may be limited in all-terrainness (compared to a Unimog, for instance) they are simple and nearly ubiquitous.

But, like I said, I'm no expert. Those in the know, please educate us.

HINO SG

Adventurer
Unless I'm mistaken the 'bull nose' mercedes trucks were used for a lot of years in just about every country. So, globally speaking, it is probaby the easiest vehicle to find parts and service for. They also have an outstanding reputation for durability. While they may be limited in all-terrainness (compared to a Unimog, for instance) they are simple and nearly ubiquitous.
Argreed.

Funny how first started seeing them in the city after growing up in the country; though they looked kind of wierd, wondered why anyone would want one.
Now I think they look more unique than ugly and appreciate the technical aspects of Mercedes engineering a lot more.

Still have mixed feelings about the costs of maintainance compared to American trucks, even overseas.
IH, Ford, and others have sold a lot of trucks in a lot of places, too.

ctp13

I really wish I could get that thing.

I'm no expert, but from what I've learned on here, on the old ExpoCampers site, and in general surfing, that would be the ultimate vehicle for international travel (outside of North America).

But, like I said, I'm no expert. Those in the know, please educate us.

These trucks are awsom ! They might be a little underpowered and have a hard time carrying the camping equipment as can be seen here

SEE: https://www.expeditionexchange.com/michelin/roofclass.jpg

Joking Try that with a Ford ( and I like fords )

Chuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__

Members online