Mercedes Sprinter 2011 4wd Camper 31,000 miles $75,000

Eman-sc

Bought 18 months ago, cannot use due to medical condition. Whitefeather 4wd conversion, well equipped camper with diesel and solar appliances, awning, high end cabinetry and windows with marine hardware, etc...

IMG_20150504_135225820.jpg

speedtre

Explorer
Bought 18 months ago, cannot use due to medical condition. Whitefeather 4wd conversion, well equipped camper with diesel and solar appliances, awning, high end cabinetry and windows with marine hardware, etc...

More details please....how many does it seat/sleep? Who did the camper conversion? Interior pics?

Last edited:

MTSN

Explorer

View attachment 294731

Really that's all the detail you're providing for a $75k vehicle? A single pic and a single line? :ylsmoke:

kchristian

Adventurer
Really that's all the detail you're providing for a $75k vehicle? A single pic and a single line? :ylsmoke:

As a virtual tire kicker, I am annoyed too. But someone who is actually looking for a $75k Sprinter will reach out to him anyway.

Keyne

Adventurer
Hey the post is a sale due to medical condition which if we take at face value may be contributing to the lack of detail in the post. My wife is disabled with a disease most people wouldn't even notice on her good days but sometimes she can't even walk out to get the mail... Just saying there may be other things at foot and in my experience Expo is a typically helpful group of folks. As mentioned above, anyone in the market would most likely contact the seller, but also maybe someone on here that is close by could offer to take more pics and help sell the van?

Note it is a one post sale ad, but who knows.

Eman-sc

Working on the detailed description

Hey the post is a sale due to medical condition which if we take at face value may be contributing to the lack of detail in the post. My wife is disabled with a disease most people wouldn't even notice on her good days but sometimes she can't even walk out to get the mail... Just saying there may be other things at foot and in my experience Expo is a typically helpful group of folks. As mentioned above, anyone in the market would most likely contact the seller, but also maybe someone on here that is close by could offer to take more pics and help sell the van?

Note it is a one post sale ad, but who knows.

Thanks for the kind comment. I am working on a detailed post. I was trying to see if there was any interest first. I wish the best for you and your wife.

I think other posters here will find this to be an interesting vehicle. Details coming later tonight or tomorrow

Eman-sc

I wasn't sure there would be any interest in this forum, but since you all asked...

First, my apologies for not putting out more information to begin with. I hope the following will make up for my sins!

Some details: The camper was put together by a person living in my neck of the woods. I'm not sure if he wants to be named in this context, so I will not identify him. I bought it from him for $75,000, which is what I'm asking for. I have put about 2,000 miles on it, and I've done full maintenance on it at a very reputable shop (Specialized in Santa Cruz, California) in addition to a recent replacement of all four shock absorbers with heavy duty ones made by Bilstein.

The 4wd Conversion was done by Whitefeather, who also seems to have installed the Aluminus bumpers and ladder. The bulk of the customization as a camper was done by GTRV. The vehicle is fully insulated, and it is equipped with German sliding double glazed windows with built in screens. Very nice stuff. The sleeping arrangement is a bit on the tight side. The setup really allows for only two adults to sleep in the camper comfortably.

The appliances in the vehicle are powered mostly directly from the diesel fuel. The main exceptions are the refrigerator, ceiling fan, and lighting, which are powered by a solar array (Marin grade) which feeds through a pair of deep cycle house batteries. There is also a full RV hookup (240v, 30A) which powers most things, but oddly enough not the air conditioning system that is mounted in the back of the cabin. This is one of the flaws I've found in the setup.

Which brings me to the subject of flaws in this camper. I am not interested in selling this vehicle to anyone by hiding shortcomings that I'm aware of. So here's what I know. The main issue seems to me to be very little integration between the three electrical electrical systems, namely the standard factory system, the RV hookup, and the solar + house batteries system. I think there is room for improvements here.

Another problem is the alarm and navigation/entertainment system. These need to be modified to work properly with respect to power supply and usage. I disabled the alarm after I had a couple of drained battery episodes and the rest of the stuff has been working fine ever since. But I haven't figured out what the problem really is.

Back to the good stuff. I'll put two sets of pictures here. The first one will be some visuals. The next one will be pictures from the camper's documents.

01.jpeg

02.jpg

03.jpeg

05.jpeg

04.jpeg

06.jpg

07.jpeg

08.jpeg

09.jpeg

(Continued next post)

Eman-sc

(Continued Description)

(A few more visuals)

10.jpeg

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

14.jpeg

(Some Camper Docs)

21.jpeg

22.jpg

23.jpeg

26.jpeg

25.jpeg

Ok, I'll stop with the pictures for now, and try to put together a list of major appliances in the camper.

- Wallas Safeflame 85DU Flush Mount Diesel Stove with 270 Blower Lid
- Oasis Zephyr HW Diesel heating system
- Fiamma F65 Tiitanium Awning
- Fiamma Rollo-Vent 40 LED Ceiling Fan
- Kenwood DNX9990HD NAV + Aaudio
- Engel SR70F Refrigerator
- A bunch of other stuff, like 17 Gallon water tank and hand held outdoor shower, Gray Water holking tank, Stainless sink and faucet, Foldable table and swiveling chairs, etc...

Eman

MTSN

Explorer
Thanks for adding the detail! You would be very surprised to see how much visibility this board gets around the world, and it only behooves you to add in detail and pictures for people here to help find a buyer. This site is incredibly active, so I hope it nets you a lot of good views from people looking for your type of setup.

GHI

Adventurer
To the Original Poster: I think you get where I was coming from with my comment. A first time poster selling a vehicle with limited information and one picture. I'm sorry you have to sell, but truth be told I'm in the market for another van hence the reason I clicked on your link.

I have a Pleasureway RV (camper van) that I absolutely love and will be keeping for years to come. It has pretty much become a daily driver. However, it just doesn't have the ground clearance to go to some of the locations we want to go. So I am looking for something that can tow a RZR, dirt bike, kayaks and bicycles on at the very least some bumpy forest roads.

I like quite a bit about your vehicle. I could have missed it, but what is the toilet set up. That's kind of a big deal for us. I inherited my mothers bladder and we are potty training a toddler.

Eman-sc

GHI;18841 wherfd1 said:
To the Original Poster: I think you get where I was coming from with my comment. A first time poster selling a vehicle with limited information and one picture. I'm sorry you have to sell, but truth be told I'm in the market for another van hence the reason I clicked on your link.

I have a Pleasureway RV (camper van) that I absolutely love and will be keeping for years to come. It has pretty much become a daily driver. However, it just doesn't have the ground clearance to go to some of tohe locations we want to go. So I am looking for something that can tow a RZR, dirt bike, kayaks and bicycles on at the very least some bumpy forest roads.

I like quite a bit about your vehicle. I could have missed it, but what is the toilet set up. That's kind of a big deal for us. I inherited my mothers bladder and we are potty training a toddler.

All is good. No offence taken here. I actually thought your post about where to send the money order was rather funny. You can send it to me of course!

On a more serious note, it sounds like I may have what you're looking for. There is a small compartment at the end of the aisle of cabinets under the bed that was build to hold a port-a-potty. The previous owner promised to give me one as part of the sale, but I never followed up with him about this. He was a very honest person, so I bet I can call him and ask him for it. Let me know if this is something that will be of value to you, and I will try.

Any other information you need?

Eman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__