Military Water Can sources

teotwaki

Excelsior!
It's been over a year since I last bought from them. If they don't have it on their page give them a call. They used to always stock them.

I bought two of them in October last year but today I could not find them at their site. A phone call to B-Q is the next step. They used the nickname "The Runt" for the 10 liter Scepter water cans.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I've had good luck finding both the water and gas cans on eBay. Looks like there are a few sellers out there with water cans right now.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I've had good luck finding both the water and gas cans on eBay. Looks like there are a few sellers out there with water cans right now.

But it doesn't look as if there are any on eBay that are the half-sized 10 liter version

05TacoMedic

Adventurer
I will try to get over to Ft Irwin next weekend and see what I can find out. BQ has a store there. if not I will call over there.

And Recon-No worries, thanks for the response. I ordered 2 from LCI yesterday. But am always looking for more. Planning on putting at least 4 on my M416, as well as some fuel ones. Calling a guy down south tomorrow regarding MFCs.

94SRUNNER

Adventurer
Look into AJIK Overland Exchange. I think he advertises here on ExPo. He has had them in the past and might have some now.

05TacoMedic

Adventurer
Received my two 5 gallons WC and a spare lid from LCI yesterday. Total was 60.06 and was shipped from their Las Vegas, NV Warehouse. Ordered them Saturday night. They seem tough and well made. I weigh 225 and stood on one and it didn't collapse at all.

kramme

Observer
Just wanted to mention that LC Industries (as mentioned above) has the replacement caps. I got 2 for aprox $21.00 with shipping. Now to put on a pump.

kfgk14

Adventurer
MWC vs. MFC:

- single vs. three handles (makes it easy to tell the difference in the dark)
- different cap with ~1" spout plus vent
- No gasket
- Made from certified FDA-approved for potable water materials
- "Water" vs. "Fuel" markings

Is there a solution to the "no gasket" thing? I imagine MFC gaskets don't fit.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Is there a solution to the "no gasket" thing? I imagine MFC gaskets don't fit.

Not a suitable one imo. The water also doesn't feature the 'bottom-up' vent that makes MFC's drain so nicely verus the 'chug, chug, chug' you get out of a water can for example.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Another source for large and small Scepter Military water cans

http://bottomline2000.com/watercanmilitary.aspx?variation=14161

So I bought a few of the 10L cans for my parents as they cant heft the larger ones.

Shipping has been very slow, but they do warn you ahead of time that they are a small business and it will take up to 10 business days to ship. Mine took longer, but as soon as I called them, they had the situation taken care of.

I'm contemplating using one of these as an under-vehicle tank. I know that a purpose-built tank would be better, but for the cost, this would be a relatively cheap experiment. The pic above makes me think that laying the tank on its side would not cause a problem. I was thinking that a vent line and the out-put line would be worked into the cap somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach