MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Another project I'm thinking about is a rear camera so we can see what is behind us when inside. The main concern is bears when we are in Alaska and Canada. Don't want to open the door blind and get surprised. Two legged predators ,of course are a concern as well.

A peep hole is OK but I think a camera will be better. So far I'm thinking of a wireless reverse camera . I can slap up an old tablet on the cabinet as an monitor.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Another project I'm thinking about is a rear camera so we can see what is behind us when inside. The main concern is bears when we are in Alaska and Canada. Don't want to open the door blind and get surprised. Two legged predators ,of course are a concern as well.

A peep hole is OK but I think a camera will be better. So far I'm thinking of a wireless reverse camera . I can slap up an old tablet on the cabinet as an monitor.
I'm thinking about doing something similar, but from the rearview mirror in the 4Runner. I'd like to see where I'm backing and also see what/who is behind me. I'd like to go wireless but don't know if the transceivers are powerful enough to send and receive that distance. Has anyone else done this? I guess hard wiring would also be feasible with a quick disconnect at the trailer hitch.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I'm thinking about doing something similar, but from the rearview mirror in the 4Runner. I'd like to see where I'm backing and also see what/who is behind me. I'd like to go wireless but don't know if the transceivers are powerful enough to send and receive that distance. Has anyone else done this? I guess hard wiring would also be feasible with a quick disconnect at the trailer hitch.

There are trailer backup cameras. Just do a search. I don't need that I have a ground guide.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
There are trailer backup cameras. Just do a search. I don't need that I have a ground guide.
Of Course! Nothing new in this world that someone else hasn't either listed on eBay/Amazon or made a UTube video of.

Thanks!

Dale

carbon60

Explorer
Tackling the simple but annoying project of replacing the 16 fasteners in the drawer slides, which are ¼” by 1” and stick out into the useful storage space. ½” fasteners with acorn nuts on them will make the space far more useable:
7e2c7822364e3d7e3ecf6e5012843722.jpg
11297f5a77460df7f75ed96ddfc9e4c9.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Beauty. How is it mounted? Could you have mounted it back another 6” or so and kept the top of the bumper available for a prep surface too?

It is riveted to the wall. The fender is not a smooth surface so not very useful .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online