MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Beauty. How is it mounted? Could you have mounted it back another 6” or so and kept the top of the bumper available for a prep surface too?

As you can see the fender would not make a good table.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_114138688_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200417_114138688_HDR.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 50

carbon60

Explorer
I ordered a Lifetyle Table.

As you can see the fender would not make a good table.

Looks like Mark went to a different marker light, mine are tiny:

IMG_0616.jpeg

So I'll have to see where I want to mount the Lifestyle Table. My Lady likes to work standing, so maybe I'll try and get the height just right for her.

I also have a spare Lagun table mount, which I intend to mount somewhere behind the fender, so I can use the table outside.

Thoughts on reasons to choose spots are appreciated!

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I ordered a Lifetyle Table.

Looks like Mark went to a different marker light, mine are tiny:

View attachment 580097

So I'll have to see where I want to mount the Lifestyle Table. My Lady likes to work standing, so maybe I'll try and get the height just right for her.

I also have a spare Lagun table mount, which I intend to mount somewhere behind the fender, so I can use the table outside.

Thoughts on reasons to choose spots are appreciated!

My lights are much bigger than either of yours. I'll have to see if I can find a pic....found one!

Fender & Slider.jpg

I still like using that fender top for holding spice containers and cooking stuff. With the tire table just under it, and enough room to turn around to reach the stove (mine is near the trailer side and the sink further out), the whole setup works great for cooking and cleanup. But having another shelf, especially one that size is appealling.

Carbon60, what is that aluminum mount above and behind the fender in the pic?

Dale

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I spoke with Mark just awhile ago. We're trying to figure out how to get my trailer across the border. Looks like he MAY be able to tow it across using his commercial license. I'll be checking to see if I can cross far enough from the American side to pick it up in Canada. He has made the fixes and mods I've requested so it will be agonizing waiting to get Beastie back. As soon as remote camping is again legal here I want to head out!

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
As my Avatar suggests, I am a ham radio operator. Sometimes, once hams have made contact with another station the two stations send out a postcard to one another confirming the contact. These postcards are called QSL cards. This is what mine looks like. The photo was taken last summer before I lost 25 lbs to get over diabetes and prepare for my knee replacement surgery. Oh, and right between catarac surgeries. This remote campground in the Cascade mountains in Washington is one of my family's favorites.

QSL Front.jpg

This is the rear. I've always liked that quote from Hunter Thompson. It fits my lifestyle and why I love overlanding so much!

QSL REar.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Tackling the simple but annoying project of replacing the 16 fasteners in the drawer slides, which are ¼” by 1” and stick out into the useful storage space. ½” fasteners with acorn nuts on them will make the space far more useable:
7e2c7822364e3d7e3ecf6e5012843722.jpg
11297f5a77460df7f75ed96ddfc9e4c9.jpg
Did you Locktite on those acorn nuts?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
While I am licensed (VA3SHR), I've never done any HF and I use my privileges for off-roading and SAR on 2m and 70cm only.
Hi Adam! Never say never. I am helping a young friend get his Tech license for overlanding purposes 2m & 70cm, just like you.. He is suddenly showing interest in HF too, especially CW! So I'm loaning him the equipment to get on board VHF, UHF, and HF.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Has anyone tried mounting a Viair 400 under the hood? I'm beginning to think It would be easier to have it mounted there and just carry the hoses, etc. in a small case in the back of the tug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online