MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

carbon60

Explorer
Unless I'm doing some really crazy roads, I leave the trailer's spare tire at home. Maybe I should fab a bicycle mount that can ride in its spot…

P.S. Because I have matching wheels between my truck and the trailer, so a single spare along with a tire repair kit is sufficient unless I'm going to run a really bad, really long, haul road.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
That’s a great idea. Let me know what you come up with.

I was planning on trav the Heart of the West loop this fall its creator, Tony Huegal, recommends taking two spares along. We’ll have to wait and see if we can do it this year.

carbon60

Explorer
Come to Quebec, do the Trans-Taiga. People recommend bringing *all* your winter tires as spares when you run its 860 unserviced miles in summer! I've yet to do that, nor have I done the Trans-Labrador. Maybe this fall.

Rebellion

Observer
I plan on heading across Canada to Newfoundland this summer as soon as these restrictions are lifted. I'll have to keep in mind the Trans Taiga, I and planned on doing the Trans Labrador as part of the trip.

carbon60

Explorer
I plan on heading across Canada to Newfoundland this summer as soon as these restrictions are lifted. I'll have to keep in mind the Trans Taiga, I and planned on doing the Trans Labrador as part of the trip.

I'm in Ottawa, so hit me up on your way. NL is amazing, we had some terrific spots.

9AE0707E-5953-4F15-9C2D-C07F7B767D39.jpeg
(https://goo.gl/maps/GxYTTUuAYuaJsTRd6)

You don't see it in the photo, but we had an iceberg and some small jumping dolphins off that remote spot.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The trouble with something like those is that they impinge on the ability to tow the trailer safely.

Not too sure about that based on the widespread sales of these dual hitch units. Just get one rated for your trailer.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I replace the thin 16ga fridge power wire with a 10 ga. I'm surprised such small gauge wire was used. I also wired the fridge directly to the battery. It had been wired through the Redac. ???

I also wired my external outlets to the battery. I like these battery taps, make for a neat installation.

Attachments

• IMG_20200420_174722985.jpg
    IMG_20200420_174722985.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 46

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The wireless motion light works perfectly. It has a light sensor so it will not go on during the day . I will add a an USB port so I can charge the light when needed.

IMG_20200420_201952943.jpg

carbon60

Explorer
I replace the thin 16ga fridge power wire with a 10 ga. I'm surprised such small gauge wire was used. I also wired the fridge directly to the battery. It had been wired through the Redac. ???

Careful, if the Redarc needs to count amps flowing through it to get an accurate state of charge, you may have bypassed that. (I don't know this, just pointing it out.)

A.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Careful, if the Redarc needs to count amps flowing through it to get an accurate state of charge, you may have bypassed that. (I don't know this, just pointing it out.)

A.
That would be a lot of wires to try to stuff into the terminal with a fridge, lights . The Redarc monitors the battery.

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
How much dirt and dust gets into the fridge box? Into the kitchen slide out area and inside the trailer?

The white doors don't see very well sealed. I've been underneath the trailer caulking all the holes in the belly plate and seams.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
How much dirt and dust gets into the fridge box? Into the kitchen slide out area and inside the trailer?

The white doors don't see very well sealed. I've been underneath the trailer caulking all the holes in the belly plate and seams.

We put over 9,000 miles on the trailer last summer. Lots of gravel and some two track. Dust never seemed to be an issue with Beastie. Our door seals seemed to be very good.

carbon60

Explorer

I've never had any ingress in the kitchen slide compartment. The nose box gets a little, from the zillion holes in it. I've mitigated quite a bit of that and intend to completely seal the cable entries once I'm done making modifications.

carbon60

Explorer

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
We put over 9,000 miles on the trailer last summer. Lots of gravel and some two track. Dust never seemed to be an issue with Beastie. Our door seals seemed to be very good.
I need to do a test on some off road conditions. I'm thinking there is going to be a lot of dust ingress from the kitchen area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal