MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Yup, just took a quick look at the manual:

And that model has no provision for directly attaching loads to it. It uses a shunt on the negative side of the bank, like most BMS do. Where was the fridge connected?

And that thing is expensive!

I received this from Redarc tech support. The tech support is fantastic. Looks like I have to move the negative fridge lead.

"Please ensure the negative supply for the fridge does not go directly to the auxiliary battery, only positive.

The only negative connection going to the auxiliary battery should be through the battery sensor as illustrated on page 20 of the attached manual.

All auxiliary loads must connect to a common ground/chassis earth so the measured power is registered through the battery sensor, both for charging and discharging the battery."

This way we can accurately measure amp hours consumed and replace providing a more accurate percentage of charge and/or time remaining.

carbon60

Explorer
They call the shunt a “battery sensor”. :)

But yeah, you have to have all power going through it so the monitor knows what power has been used as well as how much has made it back in the bank.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
They call the shunt a “battery sensor”. :)

But yeah, you have to have all power going through it so the monitor knows what power has been used as well as how much has made it back in the bank.

nope

I received this from Redarc tech support. The tech support is fantastic. Looks like I have to move the negative fridge lead.

"Please ensure the negative supply for the fridge does not go directly to the auxiliary battery, only positive. "

carbon60

Explorer
nope

"Please ensure the negative supply for the fridge does not go directly to the auxiliary battery, only positive. "

By "it" I was referring to the "battery sensor", which must see all power. That's what they are saying, exactly. This is identical to every other battery monitoring system on the market.

carbon60

Explorer
The fan controller died sometime last year and Mark sent me a new module. Following some Internet discussions of condensation causing issues, I applied a liberal amount of acrylic conformal coating before reinstalling it:
6d6a3e1b90870216e398a2635efb25e8.jpg

I hope this will prevent future issues

A.

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Wiring the fridge the positive needs to go to the battery in the negative needs to go to the ground on the battery center of the Redarc as indicated by my finger

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_181920353.jpg
    IMG_20200425_181920353.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Since we're heading up to Bear country.
I thought it would be important to be able to see outside the @mission_overland.ca trailer before opening up in case there was a bear close by.
With the side windows and with cameras front and rear I can do a 360-degree assessment.

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_181445577.jpg
    IMG_20200425_181445577.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200425_182014114_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200425_182014114_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20200425_181438987.jpg
    IMG_20200425_181438987.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20200425_181429781.jpg
    IMG_20200425_181429781.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20200425_182038110_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200425_182038110_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
Wow, you guys have been busy posting. Lots of good mods. I got the Redarc elite brake controller installed, no trailer to test, but it’s in.

Solar is top of the list, not sure if 100w will work or try and get 160-200 up on the roof. Looking at the Renogy flexible panels to keep the weight down. I digging that nomad table, looks really nice. I’ll have questions for attaching stuff once I get my hands on the trailer in the garage.

check out the 1up hitch mount bike mounts. Boreas trailers are using them, pretty slick. I’m looking at the hitch mount, then I can pull the trays off hitch and mount flush to the fridge box. Then I could move them back and forth, if needed.

Still looking to pick from Bozeman, end of May.

There seems to be a lot of QA/QC items that you guys are finding, are you guysjust OCD or should I be concerned. It’s a lot of money for this trailer?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Since we're heading up to Bear country.
I thought it would be important to be able to see outside the @mission_overland.ca trailer before opening up in case there was a bear close by.
With the side windows and with cameras front and rear I can do a 360-degree assessment.
Mike,

The cameras are really a great idea. Explain again if they are wireless and what device are you viewing them with. They look extraordinarily robust. Where did you get them. I would love to have something like that on the rear of the trailer that I could view from both the driver's position in the car and also, like you, from inside the trailer.

Dale

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Wow, you guys have been busy posting. Lots of good mods. I got the Redarc elite brake controller installed, no trailer to test, but it’s in.

Solar is top of the list, not sure if 100w will work or try and get 160-200 up on the roof. Looking at the Renogy flexible panels to keep the weight down. I digging that nomad table, looks really nice. I’ll have questions for attaching stuff once I get my hands on the trailer in the garage.

check out the 1up hitch mount bike mounts. Boreas trailers are using them, pretty slick. I’m looking at the hitch mount, then I can pull the trays off hitch and mount flush to the fridge box. Then I could move them back and forth, if needed.

Still looking to pick from Bozeman, end of May.

There seems to be a lot of QA/QC items that you guys are finding, are you guysjust OCD or should I be concerned. It’s a lot of money for this trailer?

That two bike hitch is awesome! I started playing around with their 3D rendering, spinning it around, up and down. Fun! It looks well built. Have you seen one in person?

I had two issues with Beastie. The drawer system for the frig/stove wasn't working properly. Mark replaced it with a new system that all the new trailers have. The nylon strapping used to pull the bottom door shut on the trailer frayed. Now you have a single door hinged on the top. Much better system; wish I had it on my trailer. Seeing that these are one off builds I am very satisfied with the QC. Others may have different views. I would certainly buy another one.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
We need some pictures of the out of doors! Something to keep us dreaming about our next overlanding trips. These Arrowleaf Balsumroot plants are beginning to show up in the woods in eastern and central WA. They are a sure sign that summer is almost here.

Arrowleaf Balsumroot.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Just because...

IMG_2743.jpeg

I like pics with the moon in the background. I think this is called Rainbow Arch located on BLM land northwest of Moab, UT.

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I forgot who on this thread bought their trailer at Big Sky RV in Montana.

Did they give you keys to the wheel locks on the spare tire?
I never received any keys for the wheel locks.
If they did not , you might want to check your spare tire to see if it has wheel locks and if you don't have the keys contact them.

Last edited:

Vogold

I forgot who on this thread bought their trailer at Big Sky RV in Montana.

Did they give you keys to the wheel locks on the spare tire?
I never received any keys for the wheel locks.
If they did not , you might want to check your spare tire to see if it has wheel locks and if you don't have the keys contact them.

That’s me. I don’t have wheel locks on my spare, just regular nuts. Although, it only had 1 nut holding the tire on, so I bought and added the second one. Maybe there was supposed to be a wheel lock on there and someone forgot it? I’m ok with having plain old nuts on there, one less key for me to have to keep track of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal