MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Are you aware of a mod using the Arc with the pipe mount? That fits perfectly. The factory jack will not fold with the cordless brake controller mounted so I could eliminate that .
Can you give us more information about the mod?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
The neat thing about "adventuring" is that we can travel to places many never get to. Plains prairie grass in the midwest. I need help from a midwest oriented bontanist here. Is this Blue stem prairie grass? Prairie grasses used to cover much of the central portion of our nation. Now, little remains.

Prairie Grass in MN.jpg

And see things others never imagine. Three hikers in Canyonlands NP, Utah.

Three Strangers Hiking.jpg

Use this time to plan your next trip. Get out and see the wonders of our world while you can.

Last edited:

Vogold

Are you aware of a mod using the Arc with the pipe mount? The XO fits perfectly on that side. My factory jack will not fold with the cordless brake controller mounted so I could eliminate that jack and get the XO .
A custom made bracket like this might work.
211555CC-F3F5-40C3-B677-794C1052D13E.jpeg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Did someone do this custom work for you? I'm still thinking about getting one of these.

Dale

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Knocked off a couple of items off the to do list today.

Pulled the water tank drain plug and added a four inch threaded nipple and a 1/4 faucet. Easy to drain the tank and fill up water bottles.

I also tested how I will fill the water tank from water cans. A Water Bandit and a Camco spout work perfectly with a Scepter water can. I can rest the can on the fender and the can drains while I can do something else.

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 77
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 78
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 71

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I'm always on the lookout for cooking gear that stores easily and works well while camping. Last summer, I found two such items at, of all places, TJ Maxx. The first is a two quart pot with a glass top. Note that it doesn't have an extended handle, just a couple silicon covered grips. It works well on the small burner area we have and stores easily under it. The other is the colorful padded storage aids. think there were three of them in the package. They are great to keep things from rattling around, scratching off the coating on pans, keeping the glass top from shattering, etc. Once you figure out how you will be using them you can cut the excess lengths off.

IMG_4120.jpeg

carbon60

Explorer
Used Eternabond to seal the roof fan:
edbae7e52a8db37096ae351fd1d7c36d.jpg

The stuff is incredibly sticky like nothing I’ve ever used. Bit of a job as I mounted my panels too close to the fan in an attempt to make the panel pigtails reach each other and leave room for a future third panel. (VHB…)

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Bear grass on Mt Spokane, WA.

Beargrass.jpg

"The sun shines not on us, but in us. The rivers flow not past, but through us. Thrilling, tingling, vibrating every fiber and cell of the substance of our bodies. The trees wave and the flowers bloom in our bodies as well as our souls, and every bird song, and tremendous storm song in the rocks of the heart of the mountains is our song, our very own, and sings our love."

John Muir

Vogold

Do you have any more pictures of this? Is your tongue stock?
That’s a picture I found and saved when I was looking for mounting options for the Arc jack. My tongue is stock. For now, I still have the original jack on the trailer and mounted the Arc jack on the right side.

Vogold

Knocked off a couple of items off the to do list today.

Pulled the water tank drain plug and added a four inch threaded nipple and a 1/4 faucet. Easy to drain the tank and fill up water bottles.

I also tested how I will fill the water tank from water cans. A Water Bandit and a Camco spout work perfectly with a Scepter water can. I can rest the can on the fender and the can drains while I can do something else.
Nice! I use a jiggler siphon for water transfer.

Vogold

that looks like it was made to fit in there exactly! I'd love to have one of those. It is much more rugged that the original mount. Unfortunately my driveway dips down right out of the garage. Without a handbrake I'm afraid it could get away from me!
hand brakes can be added, but I’m not sure what it would cost.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Site where the Kootenai and Moyie Rivers join east of Bonners Ferry, ID

Two Rivers Campground.jpg

"I choose to listen to the river for awhile, thinking river thoughts, before joining the night and stars."

Edward Abbey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal