MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Those holes seem to be right in alignment with the split in the metal edging in the first photo and the rivet in the second. I'm guessing the fabric is tearing at those points due to pressure when the top is dropped down and compresses the fabric against those two points. I have one similar point in my trailer that I've pointed out to Mark.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Is your roof fully secured against movement when closed and latched?

I have to replace the straps the hold the roof down. The straps that hold the roof down are not very tight. I can slide my hand inside on the P/S.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Thinking about places I want to go back to. Like Canyonlands this time of the year. Just south of the NP entrance and pre-Beastie, but I want to get back there. Very thankful that we have public lands we can camp on.

Campsite Canyonlands NP.jpg

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
There is a BLM campsite on the west side of Comb Ridge that is just incredible, especially at sunset. this is a great place to park Beastie and explore for Anasazi ruins day after day.

IMG_2672.jpeg

carbon60

Explorer
True. Mark had told me the roof hold downs weren't really designed to hold the roof down securely.

I believe the roof must be held down securely to prevent water ingress when driving on rough roads. Otherwise it acts as a giant bellows and sucks water in through anywhere it can.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I believe the roof must be held down securely to prevent water ingress when driving on rough roads. Otherwise it acts as a giant bellows and sucks water in through anywhere it can.

Of course. On my last trip, I had dust get into the poptop area .

carbon60

Explorer
I did!! I can send more pictures if you tell me how in the world to get pictures to upload here. I keep getting a message that they are too big.

Good work! What did you do?

To post pictures, you might need to downsize them before uploading. Your software should be able to do that.

Daisy22

Good work! What did you do?

To post pictures, you might need to downsize them before uploading. Your software should be able to do that.
I bought a 24x80 screen from Amazon that opens in the middle and secures with magnets. I used the Velcro that came with it to surround the doorway on the top and sides. On the bottom I only secured it about 3 inches so the screen is easy to move when going through. For the most part, it pulls itself back together on its own but if not, just tap the screen with hand and it "finds" itself together.https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dd3yrxmpxWVr8bMw5

carbon60

Explorer
I bought a 24x80 screen from Amazon that opens in the middle and secures with magnets. I used the Velcro that came with it to surround the doorway on the top and sides. On the bottom I only secured it about 3 inches so the screen is easy to move when going through. For the most part, it pulls itself back together on its own but if not, just tap the screen with hand and it "finds" itself together.https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dd3yrxmpxWVr8bMw5

Did you have to trim the bottom or anything like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy