MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The driver side tail light on the trailer was full of water and didn't work. Mark sent me a new light. Thought it would be a simple fix.
Zero slack in the wire to work with and one of the crimps was bad so there's nothing to work with on the black wire.
So so the only alternative is to drop the aluminum plate underneath to hopefully access the wires.
One one of the downsides to not living close to where the RV dealer is is all this warranty work has to be done by yourself.
Youyou would think the wiring for the tail lights with offer enough slack to allow for an easy replacement if need be.
Well add it's a pigtail to the wires so I can work on the tail light without having to pull or stress the connections.

IMG_20200617_162419954_HDR.jpgIMG_20200617_163552079.jpgIMG_20200617_174052639.jpgIMG_20200617_174100202.jpg

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Just so you know that bottom aluminum plate is held on by quarter inch rivets.

Couldn't find them anywhere. But of course Harbor freight had them

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Anyone have up to date info on the fires in Arizona? The southwest is in something like the 20th year of a disasterous drought. One of the worst in centuries.

Ancient Pinion Juniper.jpg

Wendell-R

Inciweb has actual fire details.

Lots of acreage burned, but all pretty remote or being blown away from civilization. North Rim of the Grand Canyon is inaccessible. The road between Fredonia and Vermillion Cliffs (House Rock Road) is closed due to the Magnum fire. Roads between Phoenix and Payson are also closed due to the Bush fire. Bighorn fire NE of Tuscon not much of a threat anymore. Sawtooth fire is contained.

snowgroomer

Just read this whole thread we are in the early stages of choosing a trailer need to have access to porta potty when bed is made. Does anyone have the measurements of how much space is available? We are planning a Alaska trip Any concerns about the soft top in bear country? Would love to see one if anyone is traveling east this summer we are in Vt. The other thing I noticed in all this reading is while the trailer seems well designed there sure seem to be alot of quality issues that people are fixing I wouldn't expect this on such an expensive unit

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Just read this whole thread we are in the early stages of choosing a trailer need to have access to porta potty when bed is made. Does anyone have the measurements of how much space is available? We are planning a Alaska trip Any concerns about the soft top in bear country? Would love to see one if anyone is traveling east this summer we are in Vt. The other thing I noticed in all this reading is while the trailer seems well designed there sure seem to be alot of quality issues that people are fixing I wouldn't expect this on such an expensive unit

We bough the trailer with going back to Alaska in mind. That might not happen this year. I'm not too concerned about the soft top. . If need be we can sleep with it closed . The main thing will be eliminating any smell from the kitchen area. We plan on using a spray bottle with ammonia to clean and eliminate any orders from that area.
On our last trip there was no need to access the porta potty at night. But then again, the porta potty is not for urination. We removed the big heavy dinette table and that gave us quiet a bit of extra room to sit.

I think any trailer comes with a certain amount of small issues. Not to be confused with modifications. Some of my issues were directly related to the dealer and not the manufacturer. Mark at Mission Overland is very responsive and stands by his product.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I bought the first of these Mission Overlands. I asked Mark if he could shorten the passenger side storage cabinets by about two inches. By doing so, we could keep our PETT Portapotty installed pretty much permanently between the end of the bed and that cabinet. Believe there are a couple of pics of that early on here. There is also enough room to set it up for nightly use between the cabinets and just in front of the door for those nighttime calls. If we are camped in one spot for several days we leave the shower curtain set up on the driver's rear side of our trailer and put the potty in there.

We put somewhere between 9,000-12,000 road miles on Beastie in 2019. Other than having Mark replace our original table mount with the newer version, we haven't done too much at all to it. We did make some recommendations to Mark about changes on newer builds, and I believe he incorporated most of them. I have been in contact with Mark a lot since we decided to go with his trailer. We have become good friends. I consider him one of the most honest and dedicated builders out there right now. He honestly wants his customers to be satisfied with their purchases. I would definitely buy another one of these, but doubt that I will ever have to.

Dale

Typical Cascades campground we utilized.

Nanc in Salmon Meadows II.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy