MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

Vogold

I did a little bit of research and found an easy and cheap way to lengthen the shower hose. The Bullfinch showers that come on our trailers use 1/2” BSP threads, the US standard threads are NPT.
Here’s a bit of info I found online:
“1/2"NPT to 1/2"BSP. Both have 14 threads per inch so they match up quite well.The primary difference is in the pitch (angle of the thread) which is 60 to 55. Use a PTFE tape and they screw together and seal OK.”
I would not mix/match with plumbing in the house, but on an external hose on the trailer that sees low to moderate use, I think it will be ok. I bought a cheap shower head and hose kit from Walmart and used 1/2” male To male connector to attach the new hose. I did a quick test and did not see any leakage. The total cost to add 5 feet of hose was less than $11.00.
F6BC4399-FFB9-4B3E-B737-825E6657B5BA.jpeg

Last edited:

Daisy22

Nice looking setup Daisy!
Thank you! We picked up our trailer at the end of May and love it. I hope when Covid is over we all can plan an outing or meetup for other mission overland owners. It is so neat to see how everyone personalizes them. We have gotten so great ideas from this forum.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Thank you! We picked up our trailer at the end of May and love it. I hope when Covid is over we all can plan an outing or meetup for other mission overland owners. It is so neat to see how everyone personalizes them. We have gotten so great ideas from this forum.
Daisy, looks like our trailer use started exactly one year before you. It would be fun to actually see close up all the changes and modifications we all have been making or that Mark has done. Maybe we should all shoot for the Rocky Mountain Overland Rally next summer if Ray and Marianne Hyland can get it going.

Daisy22

Daisy, looks like our trailer use started exactly one year before you. It would be fun to actually see close up all the changes and modifications we all have been making or that Mark has done. Maybe we should all shoot for the Rocky Mountain Overland Rally next summer if Ray and Marianne Hyland can get it going.
That would be lovely!!!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I had some scrap wood and made something that would allow me to carry some firewood on the top of the black box. I stuck it to the box with double sided tape.

Attachments

• thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 68
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 72
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 71
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 69

loup407

Adventurer
So, we got our trailer Wednesday in Denver, and spent that night in it near Salida, CO. Other than not being able to get the heater to work (turned out to be a loose control cable), it was exactly what we’d hoped for. I plan to comb through this thread to (hopefully) answer some questions, particularly trying to figure out how to winterize it, and see what you all have done to tie down the battery more securely.
We pulled a A/T Horizon for a long time, and loved it. We had an Earthroamer for several years, and enjoyed that, but wanted a smaller footprint. The Mission Overland trailer is perfect for us.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Mike,

Now that you've had your Ark Pak XO 750 jack for awhile, how do you like it? Did you have to provide the C channel and four bolts for mounting it, or did that come with the jack? I'm looking at both the "regular" one and a all black one on eBay. Can't see any mounting hardware included.

We are planning on keeping Beastie in our home garage for the winter. Although not heated, it is attached to the house and doesn't get below freezing. so hope to keep from having any issues with the water system.

Dale

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
So, we got our trailer Wednesday in Denver, and spent that night in it near Salida, CO. Other than not being able to get the heater to work (turned out to be a loose control cable), it was exactly what we’d hoped for. I plan to comb through this thread to (hopefully) answer some questions, particularly trying to figure out how to winterize it, and see what you all have done to tie down the battery more securely.
We pulled a A/T Horizon for a long time, and loved it. We had an Earthroamer for several years, and enjoyed that, but wanted a smaller footprint. The Mission Overland trailer is perfect for us.

I ran carriage bolts down through the battery box and bolted it in place.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mike,

Now that you've had your Ark Pak XO 750 jack for awhile, how do you like it? Did you have to provide the C channel and four bolts for mounting it, or did that come with the jack? I'm looking at both the "regular" one and a all black one on eBay. Can't see any mounting hardware included.

We are planning on keeping Beastie in our home garage for the winter. Although not heated, it is attached to the house and doesn't get below freezing. so hope to keep from having any issues with the water system.

Dale
Mounting hardware is include. I use the jack once to spin the trailer around on a trail . I pulled the trailer with a strap and the jack rolled perfectly with no bending.
If you drain the water system , you should be fine.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Has anyone else thought the brake lights on the bottom of the trailer are not in the best place? A vehicle behind has be a distance away to see them.

I was thinking the top running light would be perfect for a brake light.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200425_182014114_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200425_182014114_HDR.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 45

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman