MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Some people like to work harder than smarter. haha I have only used the wheeled jack one otherwise it is the other jack . Throw a couple of 2x4's underneath and I am up and out of the pintle . I only unhook if I'm staying in one place for a while and will be driving around.
Just want to get it over to the driver’s side. I have been carrying a 4 x 6” block of wood. Worked great!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Added some dust lights to the trailer. These are an important safety items . Without them, when on a dusty road, you are almost invisible . Taillights are not very visible through the dust.
I know most people don't take their trailer on extreme roads as I do but something to think about.

Attachments

• Dust2.jpg
    Dust2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Dust1.jpg
    Dust1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Dust3.jpg
    Dust3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 63

loup407

Adventurer
For anyone considering switching to lithium batteries, and worried about colder weather, I just ordered a heating pad from battleborn batteries. It comes with a thermostat that turns on the heating pad at 35F and turns it off at 45F. Assuming one is plugged into shore power, it should eliminate the concern of charging the battery at temps below 32F. The heating pad is not cheap, though.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
For anyone considering switching to lithium batteries, and worried about colder weather, I just ordered a heating pad from battleborn batteries. It comes with a thermostat that turns on the heating pad at 35F and turns it off at 45F. Assuming one is plugged into shore power, it should eliminate the concern of charging the battery at temps below 32F. The heating pad is not cheap, though.
Thanks for this input. This is one upgrade I am thinking about. It was 15 deg. Here this morning. At noon it got up to freezing. ??

Daisy22

I would be curious to see if the lithium batteries were moved inside trailer beneath bench where truma is, if keeping the heat on while camping would be enough to keep the lithium batteries warm enough.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Is there any way you could come up with a parts list, schematic diagram, and some pics of your installation? This is really good stuf and an excellent upgrade f our trailers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal