MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Has anyone installed beefier gas struts for the pop up roof? I feel like I'm going to blow a gasket when lifting my roof and my wife can't even do it by herself.
What I've always done is to crouch with my back touching the roof, then use my legs to push it up. Do somewhat the same thing for closing; gently let it down using your legs instead of just dropping it.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Anyone ever try one of these water flow meters to manage their water usage? I think I might install one.

Did you follow up on this? I'd like to know how it works for you. Great idea.

Dale

Yep, I have one on the way. I decided against the Bluetooth model however. First, when camping I try not to look at my phone at all. Second, the Bluetooth model only powers on when it is wired to your water pressure circuit. I decided to go with the surface mount model that uses AA batteries. I'll mount the meter after the water pump and the display will be on the front side of the sink cabinet.

Speaking of the sink cabinet, my slider no longer comes out far enough to open up the sink without hitting the side of the trailer. I had a look at the sliders but cannot figure out if they can be adjusted? Any ideas out there?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Yep, I have one on the way. I decided against the Bluetooth model however. First, when camping I try not to look at my phone at all. Second, the Bluetooth model only powers on when it is wired to your water pressure circuit. I decided to go with the surface mount model that uses AA batteries. I'll mount the meter after the water pump and the display will be on the front side of the sink cabinet.

Speaking of the sink cabinet, my slider no longer comes out far enough to open up the sink without hitting the side of the trailer. I had a look at the sliders but cannot figure out if they can be adjusted? Any ideas out there?
My slider dropped to the point where it was cutting into the aluminum wall below it. I told Mark about this and he replaced it.

longhorn1

Observer
Valley of the Gods Utah 106 degreesView attachment 667589
Mike I sent you a message on TO. I see you are traveling so no hurry. I'm a member of TO and was inquiring about how you like the Summit. I'm waiting for them to make an announcement on the Approach. What dealer did you use and have they been helpful. I have a FWC like Laud, Roger, and Todd. Thinking about a change, JD

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mike I sent you a message on TO. I see you are traveling so no hurry. I'm a member of TO and was inquiring about how you like the Summit. I'm waiting for them to make an announcement on the Approach. What dealer did you use and have they been helpful. I have a FWC like Laud, Roger, and Todd. Thinking about a change, JD
I like the summit and more importantly my wife likes it.
I used Big Sky RV in Bozeman MT . There were closer dealers there's one in Round Rock Texas.

My slider dropped to the point where it was cutting into the aluminum wall below it. I told Mark about this and he replaced it.
Mine slides very hard for one stage, other stage is fine. I have cleaned and looked at all drag points but have not found the issue. Next step is removing the kitchen box entirely to get a better look. So replacing rivets with bolts also in order.

Ya but I still feel like heavier duty struts are a better solution.
I don't have any issues raising my roof but also an early model. Both GF and Daughter can do it with a slight nudge and it pops up. It should not be difficult to replace. I replaced the door with longer ones to clear my head better and was a 5 minute job. It takes longer to determine the right strut to use as a replacement. Need to determine the closed length, open length and load, then search for similar lengths but higher loads. They come in families so I am guessing there is something out there. Also note the end type fitting used.

And finally remember, what goes up must come down.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I found my roof getting harder to open . I used to be able to push with one hand and it would open but now I need to give it a hard push with both arms. If someone has a part number for structs please share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk