MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
We just completed the Utah Backcountry Discovery route.
744 mostly off road miles from Bluff ending at Bear Lake at Garden City. Temps from a high of 106 to a low of 36 degrees. The highest altitude we hit was just over 10,000 ft.
Hours upon hours of rough roads and some rock crawling for fun.

thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail (2).jpgthumbnail (3).jpg

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Pro tip
The breakaway brake battery is not charged through the 7 pin. Bottom picture is while plugged in and the engine running.
I removed the battery and put it on a charger.

thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail (4).jpg

I found my roof getting harder to open . I used to be able to push with one hand and it would open but now I need to give it a hard push with both arms. If someone has a part number for structs please share.

The part number for the struts on my unit are Suspa C16-14902 (150lb rating). Mission is replacing our struts with the equivalent 175lb version. We added the rack bars at the last minute and they add 36lbs of dead weight for just the crossbars (I have no idea what the side rails weigh). Normally, units with roof racks get shipped with the 175lb struts.

Last edited:

WFOORBUST

Winterpeg

Question for the guys that have gotten custom modifications done to their initial build:

I would need essentially rock sliders around the whole exterior and sturdier fenders. Would Mark be able to accommodate requests like this? Is there enough structure there to accomplish this?

Can you store the rear stabilizer jacks in the trailer somewhere? Those would end up being damaged and/or ripped off.

How is the rest of the underside for things hanging down that would be damaged if I had to drag it over rocks and trees?

I would likely also need to upgrade the trailer jack to the XO one so it can tuck up out of the way as I destroyed my standard one on my atv toy hauler.

^^^ From what I understand, they are so busy, they aren't able to accommodate customizations outside of their option choices.

All three stabilizer jacks can be taken off or flipped horizontal for travel.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Presently stuck in Bend, OR on a expensive weekend with ghastly hotel rates. Lost Timbren axle to structural failure over 70 miles from here in sage steppe. Removed Timbren and now looking for a welder around the Bend area. Can anyone help? Pics to follow when I get home.

OBDR was fun while it lasted.

Wendell-R

Lost Timbren axle to structural failure over 70 miles from here in sage steppe. Removed Timbren and now looking for a welder around the Bend area.
Sorry, I'm no help around Bend. Is your trailer stranded out in the boonies or did you get it to Bend somehow?

Do you know if you had the HD 3500 lb axles (same design as the 5000 lb axles, just with a softer damper) or the regular ones?

Pics will definitely be interesting.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Sorry, I'm no help around Bend. Is your trailer stranded out in the boonies or did you get it to Bend somehow?

Do you know if you had the HD 3500 lb axles (same design as the 5000 lb axles, just with a softer damper) or the regular ones?

Pics will definitely be interesting.
Yes, it’s still out there. Can’t move it until I get get it bent back into shape and structurally reinforced. As it is the original one, I can’t honestly say which axle it is.

The pics will be forthcoming. Need to get it back into town to check out the other side and bring it home. Will have lots of pics. Dang, the trip was so much fun up to that point.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Yes, it’s still out there. Can’t move it until I get get it bent back into shape and structurally reinforced. As it is the original one, I can’t honestly say which axle it is.

The pics will be forthcoming. Need to get it back into town to check out the other side and bring it home. Will have lots of pics. Dang, the trip was so much fun up to that point.

AAA premier RV is a lifesaver.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Question for the guys that have gotten custom modifications done to their initial build:

I would need essentially rock sliders around the whole exterior and sturdier fenders. Would Mark be able to accommodate requests like this? Is there enough structure there to accomplish this?

Can you store the rear stabilizer jacks in the trailer somewhere? Those would end up being damaged and/or ripped off.

How is the rest of the underside for things hanging down that would be damaged if I had to drag it over rocks and trees?

I would likely also need to upgrade the trailer jack to the XO one so it can tuck up out of the way as I destroyed my standard one on my atv toy hauler.

I have my local fabricator do any mods I need. I don't have rear jacks and have never seen the need for them. I added a ArkPak XO jack in addition to the stock jack. It is only there for emergencies.

Last edited:

seppli

I've had it for over 20 years. Great program 100 mile tows, road service, trip interruption insurance that pays for hotel rooms. A must have for anyone who travels.
AAA with Plus RV saved me when trailer brakes locked up on my boat trailer while going down the highway. They loaded the trailer/ 23 ft open bow boat onto a flat bed tow rig and brought it to the trailer shop of my choice. I think the Plus RV feature cost an extra $40 per year. Doesn't include all the features of Premier, might look into upgrading in the future.

Some small improvements today.

Safety tethers for the bunk beds. We accidentally knocked the rubber latch off once and it came down like a guillotine:
20210703_200711.jpg20210703_200753.jpg

Cargo pockets from RB Components:
20210703_195831.jpg20210703_195814.jpg

L track on the ceiling:
20210703_200813.jpg20210703_200824.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk