MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

Winterpeg

I have incredible news for all. I spoke directly with Mark this morning. In fact, we did a FaceTime from his new factory in Winnepeg. My insurance company is writing off Beastie. :cry: Mark will be building me a replacement. Everything about these newer trailers is much better, beefier, and competent than poor little Beastie. The frame is much beefier, the suspension more heavy duty, plus mounted significantly better, better heater and electronics, So my ordeal is coming to an end, thanks to Mark and his support.I can't ask for more than that.

Dale

Winnipeg? That would be great to see these in person!!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Weather called for occasional showers.
Been pouring rain now for a couple of hours.

We are able to deploy the 270゚ awning and walls before the heavy rain.

The campfire in a can really warmed up the area.

Each panel has a place on the awning.

image000002 (4).jpgimage000006 (1).jpgimage000001 (8).jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mike, which awning is that? I have one of the original Darche 270's. Just went down this past week and pulled it off of poor Beastie's carcase. I was thinking of installing it on the T4R but the uplifting tailgate would get in the way.

Dale
Yes the original Darche awning. . You should not have an issue mounting it on your 4Runner. While the awning cover is small, I give kudos for them making the side wall bags oversized to make stowing the walls an easy task.

Last edited:

Daisy22

I have the OVS 270 Nomadic awning and walls and looks the exact same. When I was at OE2019, I was talking to someone at the Hiker Trailer booth and he was telling me about a 270 awning that is the same as the darche one but not under the name and I think it may be the OVS.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I have the OVS 270 Nomadic awning and walls and looks the exact same. When I was at OE2019, I was talking to someone at the Hiker Trailer booth and he was telling me about a 270 awning that is the same as the darche one but not under the name and I think it may be the OVS.
Daily22, I'm sure that you are correct. I believe these are made in the same Chinese factory and sold under a variety of names.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Upon inspection, I noticed the bolts holding the roof handle on were installed without a washer. The thin aluminum skin was dimpled and letting in water. I'm sure each time I was pulling the roof down those dimples were getting deeper. It was a matter of time before I was going to pull the bolts through the roof. I disassembled the handle and put in some 1 1/2 inch fender washers . Lots of silicone and I bolted it back together. Hopefully I've forestalled the bolts pulling through the roof.
Check out your roof and either spray some flex seal or add some washers. It was an easy field repair.

thumbnail (9).jpgthumbnail (11).jpgthumbnail (4).jpgthumbnail (10).jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Just for perspective, I've had the trailer for a year and a half and now have over 20K miles on it . Well over 5K off road miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk