MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
As mentioned earlier in this thread, I had Mark shorten the passenger side cabinets for me during my build. I did this so that we could fit our PETT portapotty between the end of the bed and the cabinet. Someone asked what the size difference was. Here are a couple of pics to show what was done. Because this was the first ever trailer I had a bit more leeway getting it built. Mark now has numerous trailers on order so don't know if he can specially build like this now. Won't hurt to ask. One last thing; this was the most Mark could shorten them by because of the curvature of the back of the trailer. I'll get back to that in another thread.

Here is a pic of the right (passenger's) side of my trailer. There is 16" between the cabinet and the bed. This is the minimum length that Mark could make the cabinets and still fit them against the angled back of the trailer.

Pass side spacing.jpg

Here is my driver side measurement. It is only 11" and is the typical width on all of the newer trailers, I believe.

Pass side 2.jpg

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Here is my PETT potty in place. In order to get it to fit properly however, I had to cut ~ 3/8" off of the outside edges of the two rear legs with my Dremel. Now SWMBO is very happy! We have been using this same potty for well over 15 years now. Think we got our money's worth out of it.

On "road" days it stays right there. If needed, we can pull over, pop the top, and get the job done. When in camp for any length of time, the potty can be moved from inside to behind the shower curtain on the outside. Sweet.

potty in place.jpg

Here are the cuts made to make it fit.

Back cut on Potty.jpg

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I had Mark install a Max Coupler on Beastie when he built it. The unit just bolts onto the front of the trailer and we like it. I always grease the red bushings prior to mounting the trailer to the 4Runner. It slips on easily and will hopefully lengthen the lifespan of those bushings. I am pretty sure the ball mounts are just bolted on also, so you should be able to unbolt them and install whatever kind of mount you want.

max coupler 2.jpg

max couper 1.jpg

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Here is my original table mount. Very robust, but difficult to lift, and it can't be moved aside or removed.

my table.jpg

Here are couple of pics of the new system in the more up to date trailers. Much easier to work with, can be moved aside or even removed. I'd like to have that setup in mine.

Mark 3.jpeg

Mark2.jpeg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Wifey and I no longer have kids in the house. So the trailer we have works perfectly for the two of us. But what if you do have a couple munchkins? Mark came up with a brilliant answer. Check out the double bunks above the main bed. Cool!

I really like those larger front windows too.

Mark bunk beds 1.jpeg

The bunks flip up to the inside rooftop when not in use.

Mark2 (1).jpeg

That's what i am trying to decide. Sit and stand in the camper or the ability to mount a rtt on top.
You could always put an rtt above the vehicle. Or you could build a rack over the mission, but you can’t pop it up. I spent last night in the mission for the first time. Way more comfortable than the boreas, more headroom, more liveable.

ITTOG

Ours was the very first Mission Overland. We love it! Since we took delivery of the initial unit in May of 2019 Mark has built many more. Each new group of builds includes new and better components. Each continues to be hand crafted and with exquisite care. Some things haven't changed, like the aluminum composite body on a steel frame; Timbren HD suspension. A few of the things I've noticed that Mark has upgraded since Beastie are: better table mounting system, better water and cabin heating setup, better freezer/cooler, sink and stove, larger forward windows, and that new single piece back door is incredible! Mark has promised to retrofit Beastie with the newer door sometime in the future. He order book must be stuffed. He told me he has multiple units going to dealers in at least five states. I can't wait to see what will come out of his imagination next! He did give me a few hints. ;) But I'm not telling...not yet.

View attachment 594950

I was about to ask you about your door and then I saw this post. So now two questions. For your door, what protects the lower door when it is on the ground? Or does it not actually touch the ground. What is so special about the new door?

If anyone has pictures of the strut mounts for the door I would appreciate pictures of both ends of the struts. I am trying to figure out how it is mounted and impact on the opening of the doorway? Do you ever get caught on it.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I was about to ask you about your door and then I saw this post. So now two questions. For your door, what protects the lower door when it is on the ground? Or does it not actually touch the ground. What is so special about the new door?

If anyone has pictures of the strut mounts for the door I would appreciate pictures of both ends of the struts. I am trying to figure out how it is mounted and impact on the opening of the doorway? Do you ever get caught on it.
Good questions. Mark added a steel plate across the bottom to protect it. I always go a step further and either place an outdoor rug or a rubber mat under it. The new door is one piece and the door locks are flush with the interior sides. The old style lower door has to be pulled up to close it using a strap. It is heavy! I’ll try to get you some pics once it stops raining. I also had Mark add a locking mechanism on the top Door section. Otherwise there was no way to lock it shut . It only locks from th inside. I believe you can lock the new single piece door from the outside.

Last edited:

Daisy22

Good questions. Mark added a steel plate across the bottom to protect it. I always go a step further and either place an outdoor rug or a rubber mat under it. The new door is one piece and the door locks are flush with the interior sides. The old style lower door has to be pulled up to close it using a strap. It is heavy! I’ll try to get you some pics once it stops raining. I also had Mark add a locking mechanism on the top Door section. Otherwise there was no way to lock it shut . It only locks from th inside. I believe you can lock the new single piece door from the outside.
You are correct. The single panel door on current builds can lock from inside and outside. It also has a deadbolt lock on it.

Pnwfullsize

Well i made a deposit to secure a boreas xt at bigsky rv. Hopefully i will be able to compare both when the boreas comes in, but with the pros and cons to each trailer, im not sure i can justify the extra 8k for the mission.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Well i made a deposit to secure a boreas xt at bigsky rv. Hopefully i will be able to compare both when the boreas comes in, but with the pros and cons to each trailer, im not sure i can justify the extra 8k for the mission.
Wishing you the best with whichever trailer you end up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk