MT/R Update-

Don-Key

Really cool pics! I love snow wheelin. My old MTR's were awesome in the snow. Never had any complaints. I usually ran about 9-12 psi with no beadlocks and never had an issue. I would imagine that the new kevlar ones are a lot more stiff sidewall

jfarsang

Adventurer
Finally got around to testing them out on the road/rain/greasy mud.

They are not quiet so be prepared to turn up that radio. :sombrero:

They track straight on dry pavement and stop/corner much better than the last generation MTR in the rain/wet pavement.

Thin/wet greasy mud was good. They self cleaned very easily.

You can feel the low rumble from start to about 20mph. Of course I'm sitting above the tires in my rig so the sound/vibes are more pronounced being a cab over.

Will report back after a week or so of driving them around.

Running 38 psi on the road. Will play around and see what's the best to run. I do get a slight constant vibration at all speeds compared to the AT's I just took off. Same rims, nothing changed.

3396624037_3e47f1bd73_b.jpg

3397435156_dc8ce43072_b.jpg

Don-Key

Those are a good lookin tire. 3 differant variations in lug pattern. My experiance with Mud Terrain tires is that a lower than normal tire psi is better. MT's tend to wear down the center faster than the outer edges. Also, keep up on the rotates. I always run my MT's around 28 psi for street driving. Like I stated earlier in the post, off road I'll take my MTR's down to 8-12 PSI'ish. If I had beadlocks I would go much lower just to smooth the ride out when I'm off roading even more

ox4mag

Explorer
Finally got around to testing them out on the road/rain/greasy mud.

They are not quiet so be prepared to turn up that radio. :sombrero:

They track straight on dry pavement and stop/corner much better than the last generation MTR in the rain/wet pavement.

Thin/wet greasy mud was good. They self cleaned very easily.

You can feel the low rumble from start to about 20mph. Of course I'm sitting above the tires in my rig so the sound/vibes are more pronounced being a cab over.

Will report back after a week or so of driving them around.

Running 38 psi on the road. Will play around and see what's the best to run. I do get a slight constant vibration at all speeds compared to the AT's I just took off. Same rims, nothing changed.

3396624037_3e47f1bd73_b.jpg

3397435156_dc8ce43072_b.jpg

What a super cool rig! :clapsmile

John90XJ

Adventurer
38 psi seems a little high. I'm running mine at 30 on the highway with a 4650 pound rig and they seem to be doing fine.

Off road they work really well in the 10 psi range without beadlocks.

trailbuilt

Well I got out and tested mine.I have had Mtr for years...prob 5 sets.I wheeled my old ones last weekend and I seemed to always be spinning the in the mud and wet rocks.I have say Wow. The new mtrs gripped like crazy...as long as I wasent hung up, my jeep would go anywhere I pointed it no matter how much mud was there. I am still not sold on there overall look but if they keep working like they did today Im sold.

007-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk