My 2 trailers build

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
So I'm going to be building two trailers, one is for my brother in-law and one is for me. They will both be about the same except his will have a hard top and I want a soft top. I will need mine to be a camping/expo/utility trailer so I will need the top to be easily removed. I'm thinking a custom vinyl or something similar that will last a long time, with snaps all the way around. He doesn't need a utility trailer so his will be just for camping/expo. Both will have independent trailing arm suspension with trailer brakes, air bags, shocks, limiting straps and bump stops. They will have 285/70/17 that will match the TR. Im going to build side lockers for both sides and a tongue box for both. They will both also have a 19 gal water tank with a rocket high flow hand pump, partner cook stove, lite cylinder 10# propane tank and a jerry can.
I will be finalizing the design soon and ordering steel in the next week or two. This is what I have gathered so far:
4b8ba6ef-ddd4-8e4b.jpg
4b8ba6ef-ddf2-37ec.jpg
4b8ba6ef-de09-d222.jpg

4b8ba6ef-de65-ff93.jpg
4b8ba6ef-de7c-1325.jpg
4b8ba6ef-de96-619b.jpg
4b8ba6ef-dead-37cf.jpg
4b8ba6ef-debf-d710.jpg
4b8ba6ef-ded4-e151.jpg

- A big thanks to the guys at Adventure Trailers for being so easy to work with and supplying all the sweet parts.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
I also built two of my own couplers. They might not be perfect to some or the strongest in the world but I know they are plenty strong for my trailers.
4b8ba6ef-e0e4-b0be.jpg
4b8ba6ef-e0fc-9e8a.jpg
4b8ba6ef-e112-4fb3.jpg
4b8ba6ef-e131-45fe.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
looks like a good parts pile to start with! and your driving a 4th gen runner and your in WA, should be good right?!

Woods

Explorer
Post up some dimensions.

I think your coupler is sweet and perfect for a light trailer.

Subscribed.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
c6e4d1d4-2e4a-bfb9.jpg

I know this is a horrible picture of what I am trying to do but it might give u an idea. I'm thinking the main box will be 60L x 40W x 30H. Side lockers down each side 60L x 14H x 14D. Tongue box I'll figure out on the fly. All these number might change a little but there close. The main frame will be out of 2x3x .120 wall. The uprights and top rail will be 1 1/4 square .120 wall. I'm thinking 14 Gage for walls and floor. Lower trailing arms will be 2 x 3 x 3/16. Some of this might be a little over kill but I would hate for something to brake out in the middle of no-wear.

'05TJLWBRUBY

Adventurer
Nice collection of parts there Man, off to a good start!

That hitch is sweet-Love it!!! You did a great job with that thing. Nice work!!!

Best of Luck,

Mike

teejaywhy

I want to know more about the Partner Stove. Noob here so I apologize if these are often discussed. First I've heard about them. Their website is a bit "lean."

Looking for an compact outdoor stove with more BTUs than the standard Coleman that I can connect to a standard RV low pressure propane system.

Thanks!

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Sorry teejaywhy I don't really know all that much about them. All I do know is that a lot of people have nothing but good things to say about them. My dad has one on his horizon trailer and loves it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woods

Explorer
Seems that the Partner Stove is very heavy duty and a great product. It puts out 10K BTU's per burner. I'm looking for something with more than 10K BTU's and will possibly offer a new product. A heavy duty stove with more power. Project is probably 6 months out though.

I want to know more about the Partner Stove. Noob here so I apologize if these are often discussed. First I've heard about them. Their website is a bit "lean."

Looking for an compact outdoor stove with more BTUs than the standard Coleman that I can connect to a standard RV low pressure propane system.

Thanks!

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
So I've been working out of town a lot lately so I have been able to do a hole lot. I've been trying to do so fabrication of small parts but nothing to interesting to show. I did get my water tanks in last week, they are very well made.
4b8ba6ef-df31-f027.jpg

Last edited:

brianwj

Observer
I use a Camp Chef explorer for camping and home use. It has 2 30,000 btu burners and I got the grill box to go with it, a little heavy but a great stove.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
So I had some time today to weld up one of the frames. I still need to add a few cross-members and weld in the front receiver but I ran out of time.
4b8ba6ef-2990-bce7.jpg

This is the back of the rear bumper. I put 1/2" holes where the frame rails will weld to it so that all my wires are in the frame.
4b8ba6ef-29fd-f4fe.jpg

Other side of bumper.
4b8ba6ef-2a2c-ea05.jpg
4b8ba6ef-2a3c-e0e7.jpg
4b8ba6ef-2a4a-79d3.jpg

This is the point I got to today. One more frame to build and then it's on to the suspension. That should be fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater