I have around 20 000 miles on them

stioc

Expedition Leader
I measured my tires today

Off the vehicle I get 31.7 "
On the vehicle I get 30.8 "

Same tire, 45 psi

I have around 20 000 miles on them

Thanks man! Mine are almost 31" on the vehicle so I'll take it. Sounds like the BFG ATs are probably a bit taller due to the tread. Also, according to the sidewall print these E rated Duratracs have an extra 2 ply layer in the tread section but nothing extra in the sidewalls (2ply only just like the C load ones). I find it odd especially because the ride is quite a bit stiffer, but I've been running 50psi to experiment but will likely go down to 43-45psi.

Truck is looking great! Very cool. simple yet incredibly effective. so anyways what was the downside for the window visors?

Lots of wind noise...too much.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Had the opportunity to load the truck and family up for a 3 day camping/hiking trip and head to the mountains. No offroading/wheeling but a few dirt roads and lots of nice views. Here's what I noticed tires wise...they may not be much bigger next to the old tires but they definitely look bigger from a distance. They rubbed the front bumper like crazy when steering wheel is turned hard. While they don't feel big/heavy when on flat roads, going up the mountains it's a different story. The truck was working hard and adding more throttle didn't make much difference in the acceleration like it used to. Then again we were going up to 7400ft elevation with a fully loaded truck. I definitely like its 'business' look next to the avg SUVs and trucks though. You win some you lose some it's just how it goes :ylsmoke:

IMG_6068Custom_zps54aa2038.jpg

IMG_5983Custom_zps5e00bed6.jpg

IMG_5984Custom_zps50c27428.jpg

IMG_5976Custom_zps1cba276e.jpg

IMG_3303Custom_zps5d684a94.jpg

IMG_6031Custom_zps6b7b9305.jpg

IMG_5996Custom_zpsc532b9e3.jpg

Lecoq

Explorer
Very nice camp ground! Truck is coming along nicely as well. The E rated tires are quite a bit heavier than the C rated ones. Did you notice a big difference in MPG?

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
Read through this whole thread the last couple of days. Between work related activities :)

Great job documenting the build. This has really reinforced my desire to buy a R50 and build it out to suit my needs. Thanks for sharing.

stioc

Expedition Leader
they do look great!

will you have to trim to get rid of the rubbing?

Thanks. Yes will definitely have to trim the bumpers and fender liners.

Very nice camp ground! Truck is coming along nicely as well. The E rated tires are quite a bit heavier than the C rated ones. Did you notice a big difference in MPG?

I used up the tank but haven't filled up yet so I don't know the MPG difference. I'll post it when I calculate it.

I love this pathy!

Read through this whole thread the last couple of days. Between work related activities :)

Great job documenting the build. This has really reinforced my desire to buy a R50 and build it out to suit my needs. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys! It's nothing too wild just modified to my taste and usage :)

stioc

Expedition Leader
Been busy with other things in life but was able to eek out a quick day trip this past weekend with a few local ExPo guys. It was pretty warm (100F degs), the terrain was steep and severely rutted/washed out and required the usage of everything the truck had. Without the rear locker it wouldn't have made it up. The articulation was enough to cause the 32s to rip my rear fender flares off (my beloved fender flares! lol). Looks like I'll have to remove the rear wheel spacers and trim the flares even more. I like the way the spacers make the truck look though so I may try replacing the 1.5" spacers with 1.25" or 1" and some fender flare trimming. The fronts rubbed very little so I'm going to leave them alone.

You can read more about the trip here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...uco-Creek-Trail-run-Sat-July-13-12-noon/page3

IMG_3494Custom_zps1013e37a.jpg

pathfinderTrabucojp2g_zpsac4e04ee.jpg

pathfinderTrabuco_zps277195db.jpg

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Nice trip! Sorry to hear about the fender flares, I went through that years ago and I've been meaning to fix it with some xterra fenders up front and a new bed in the rear.

BTW how did your CAI handle the 100deg temps? I'm thinking a spacer on the hood or cutting into the hood may be in my future, if I don't go back to the stock airbox. :snorkel:

stioc

Expedition Leader
Yeah lots of R50 owners remove the fender flares but I prefer the looks with the fender flares on. I'll have to keep an eye on ebay for some replacement flares but I think I may be able to salvage the current ones for now.

The underhood temps were pretty hot as expected and the intake temps were 154F according to the scanguage. While 154F is hot I don't think the stock airbox runs a whole bunch cooler either but if I had a choice I'd keep the stock airbox. I just don't like cone filters, the stuff they let in, constant cleaning etc But in my case one added benefit (besides gaining enough room to mount the ARB compressor and the main reason) is that the water won't get sucked in if I ever had to ford deep water.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Excellent to see your progress as usual Stioc, the new tire size certainly looks excellent. I'm a little surprised by the vent visors. (not in-channel type I assume?) But overall the Pathy is looking beautiful and I am absolutely green with envy :drool:

stioc

Expedition Leader
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm pretty happy with the truck :)

Correct, they're the stick-on AVS vent visors. The in-channel ones are probably much quieter since they don't stick out that far?

Allof75

Pathfinder
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm pretty happy with the truck :)

Correct, they're the stick-on AVS vent visors. The in-channel ones are probably much quieter since they don't stick out that far?

I haven't been in a vehicle with the external ones, but I have the AVS in-channels, and they are very quiet, so long as there isn't a cross-breeze, then it's only mildly noticable. They make up for the lack of a sunroof in the summer. I recommend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad