My 2001 Pathfinder (R50 ) mild/budget build

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I know I generally put on more miles than you, but I'm curious as to how they're wearing?

Ill toss in my two cents on this as well. I now have 40 000 miles on mine almost and I still have lots of tread left. In my thread I put up tread depths earlier this year so mine are likely not too far off that. 10/32 or so left

stioc

Expedition Leader
Yeah I only have 5k miles on this set, wear wise they still look brand new. Typically I see these tires with 50-60k miles before needing replacing.

stioc

Expedition Leader
As I was checking the truck over (fluids etc) for the upcoming camping trip this weekend I thought it was a good time as any to spray some Rustoleum on the the rear axle and a few other bits that were showing a fair amount of surface rust. I had actually been meaning to do this since I bought the truck a couple of years ago :costumed-smiley-007.

IMG_4132_zps5b87fce7.jpg

After the paint sat for a few hrs I noticed a wet spot on the axle. Rear brake line leaking...ugh! I noticed the flexible line wasn't tightly screwed into the distribution block so hopefully that was it.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Thanks man. I have SS braided lines but not necessarily 'extended'. However, the rear line is long enough for the full axle droop without getting tugged.

quaintbucket

Observer
Nice updates so far! I've been missing your pathy for a while and was wondering how it was doing. I haven't got anything done on mine yet due to budget constraint and time.

I got a question though, was your 16" rim stock with your pathy because I've been looking on craigslist rims that will fit on my hub with the same centerbore. It's been a constant challenge since everyone seems to want $texas for their rims. If I can't find any, then I'm just gonna hit the wreckers and HOPE to get a good one... or swap with a buddy with my stock 15" rims. Buying new rims doesn't make sense since it will be only $100 more or less just to get BFG AT KO 235/75/15.

I noticed a few page ago you got aluminum spacers for your coils? Where did you get it from? What made you decide to get that instead of fluery's polyurethane spacers?

stioc

Expedition Leader
The pathy is doing well and taking us to far away places and back. We just came back from a 3 day 600+ mile trip in the eastern sierra mountains:

IMG_4285Custom_zps10e0a93f.jpg

IMG_4430Custom_zpsa3a4695b.jpg

IMG_4442Custom_zps0b614dc2.jpg

IMG_4584Custom_zps96f2ceb5.jpg

Yes these rims came stock on my truck. I'm a bit confused about your tire/wheel issue, I guess you're trying to run 235/85/16s and why you want the 16" rim?

The aluminum spacers are made by NX4 industries in Canada. Nowadays Steve (fluery on NPORA) also makes HDPE spacers in any size you want. Just be careful of the CV angles and alignment with these spacers if you lift the truck too high.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I know you wish you went 265 but damn those 235s look perfect on that truck from my perspective, although I am a little biased. :smiley_drive:

marty1977

Adventurer
Yes very nice pictures indeed, as always a great inspiration to get out there. I agree with mortonm the tires look very good.

quaintbucket

Observer
Yes these rims came stock on my truck. I'm a bit confused about your tire/wheel issue, I guess you're trying to run 235/85/16s and why you want the 16" rim?

The aluminum spacers are made by NX4 industries in Canada. Nowadays Steve (fluery on NPORA) also makes HDPE spacers in any size you want. Just be careful of the CV angles and alignment with these spacers if you lift the truck too high.

215/85/16 actually. I just did a doublecheck on the price quote. I was wrong, it would cost me a lot more ($800-900 altogether) to buy new tires for my 15" rims (235/75/15 BFG AT KO). Maybe I will just buy 5 steelies and be happy with that. The tires will be free and 90% treads.

Thanks for teh info on the spacers! I looked at them and compared the prices. I think I will end up going with fluery since bang for bucks is important. Thank you for sharing!

Loving the pics and how your pathy is looking.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. As my gf tells me my truck is 'petite' lol when it's amongst others in our groups but it performs just fine while looking humble :smiley_drive:

@mortonm, I agree with you the tires look about perfect in those pics...upclose and 3/4 view. However, if you back up about 20ft and look at them straight on they look a bit skinny for a lifted truck imho, as they say 'where's the meat?' haha. It's really just a matter of personal preference though ;)

Edit: Oh, no overheating issues the hood (bonnet for you guys? lol) was open as a precaution because we were lugging our way up some steep climbs gradually...I just forgot to close it.

Edit2: @Allof75, Sherman Pass Jeep Trail :)

Edit3 (dangit): here're some more pics (..and more coming over the next couple of days) http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...kend-trip-to-Monache-Meadows-Jun-13-15/page22

Last edited:

richard310

pew pew
As my gf tells me my truck is 'petite' lol when it's amongst others in our groups but it performs just fine while looking humble :smiley_drive:

No worries, I feel the same way when next to all these nicely setup trucks. It's great to see Pathy's out on the trails though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy