My 2001 Pathfinder (R50 ) mild/budget build

Lecoq

Explorer
I'm glad to see you're still going on this project! Love the progress on it and the fact that you use it regularly.

stioc

Expedition Leader
wow :Wow1: the truck looks shiny its nice that most of the stuff came out im hoping some time this summer i can remove some stuff of my tryck but till then i have a lot more work to do.

Thanks, can't wait to see pics of your progress.

Your rig looks awesome! I'm a huge fan of trucks that are garage built. Im in the process of starting to build a 97 R50. After you installed your 2" lift did you have to install wheel spacers to clear your rims and tires? Are you still running factory rims?

Thanks. The wheels spacers aren't required up to 245/75/16 with or without the lift. Any larger and you need the spacers. Yes, I'm running stock wheels.

I'm glad to see you're still going on this project! Love the progress on it and the fact that you use it regularly.
I was just thinking about your truck the other day and even tried (lame attempt) to find your 4runner thread on the first few pages but didn't see it. Now I'm really curious and have go look for it to see what you're up to lately.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Just got back from a 2 night camping trip in Big Bear. No offroading on this trip but plenty of R&R :)

IMG_4873Custom_zpsd7385dd9.jpg

IMG_4898Custom_zpscee7b6eb.jpg

IMG_4883Custom_zps8bb631d9.jpg

IMG_2801Custom_zps7a402c84.jpg

IMG_2804Custom_zps2b36f9fd.jpg

IMG_4916Custom_zps7101324f.jpg

Allof75

Pathfinder
Good to see you got out, been some beautiful weather lately. I like that hitch rack, what is it? It seems a lot better positioned than most haha.

stioc

Expedition Leader
The hitch rack is a harbor freight rack and works well to hold a few extra things.

@ih8philly, the camground is Serrano Campground in Big Bear...it's just past the discovery center. It usually gets very crowded and not one that I'd personally stay at during the peak season but this time of the year and in the middle of the week it was fantastic.

ih8philly

Adventurer
@ih8philly, the camground is Serrano Campground in Big Bear...it's just past the discovery center. It usually gets very crowded and not one that I'd personally stay at during the peak season but this time of the year and in the middle of the week it was fantastic.

I've driven past that one and never taken a look. Thanks for the info.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Love them! no regrets at all. If there is a minor regret it's that they may be a tad skinny for my taste and they don't make the truck look as tough as the Duratracs did but the understated look is growing on me.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Returned the axle that was binding, rebuilt the old one (had to use my shop press) and installed it. So far so good.

559F4B62-B03C-4D5C-BA44-55394F7D8618_zpsmwphzzow.jpg

Lecoq

Explorer
My friend is starting a mild build on an 02 R50. Would you see a problem running 265-75-16 on offset wheels and OME HD front and MD rear?

Allof75

Pathfinder
My friend is starting a mild build on an 02 R50. Would you see a problem running 265-75-16 on offset wheels and OME HD front and MD rear?

I would think they'd fit. There's a thread on NPORA about lift size vs. tire size.

stioc

Expedition Leader
They will certainly fit with 3.75" backspacing but for street use he'll have to trim the front bumper and likely remove the mud flaps too. For wheeling he'll also have to trim the fender flares. If he won't be doing hardcore wheeling 245/75/16 is a great tire size; bigger than stock but not big enough to cause annoying little issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy