My 2001 Pathfinder (R50 ) mild/budget build

stioc

Expedition Leader
My bad, I looked at my receipt again and the struts I ordered are KYB 335031 and 335030.

Shipping price gouging aside the Bilsteins from 4x4parts were competitively price and came with Pathfinder specific sleeves (pieces of metal tube to accept the factory mount bolts without too much play)- you can make your own with a trip to home depot etc but something to keep in mind.

radex7

Interesting! So you have struts specifically for your model, while I am rocking previous gen pathfinder struts. Weird. Wonder what the difference is.

Allof75

Pathfinder
My bad, I looked at my receipt again and the struts I ordered are KYB 335031 and 335030.

Shipping price gouging aside the Bilsteins from 4x4parts were competitively price and came with Pathfinder specific sleeves (pieces of metal tube to accept the factory mount bolts without too much play)- you can make your own with a trip to home depot etc but something to keep in mind.

Hmm well that pretty much seals it for ordering from 4x4parts. Did you order the ones labeled "5100?"

Allof75

Pathfinder
Yes, I posted the sku# earlier. Just search for that on their site.

Ok as I suspected. I believe 5100s and up only have that anodized exterior, yet somehow I think Theexbrit ended up with 4600s when he ordered the 5100s...

Thanks!

Fwizzle

Yes, I posted the sku# earlier. Just search for that on their site.
Hey Stioc. I jsut started following your thread and would like to to say nice truck your got their. I just bought a 2001 Pathy SE. So what should I do to it to make it better off road? I was thinking along the lines of warn hubs, 2 inch spacer lift, 32 AT tires, but I am new to this so your (or anyone else's) opinon on this would be great. Keep up the good work bud.

radex7

Just received the rest my suspension components. For those who are still searching for part numbers Bilstein 5100 series shock part is 24-185509. So AC pricing is not bad at all! Thanks again stioc!

Rebelord

Semper Fi
Stoic: my Rockford CV boots are on the way. Just plan on replacing the boots and grease. This can be done in the driveway? Dont need a press or anything?

bushnut

Adventurer
yea you can do it on the driveway but a work table and a vice are vary helpful. it is a B*%ch to get the shafts out sometimes. I recommend having a friend help. unbolting the strut from the hub is about the only way I can get the dam things out. plastic dead blow hammer helps as well. I watched a few YoutTube vids first and just dove in. It is kinda messy, I tend to get grease everywhere.

Rebelord

Semper Fi
Im pulling my front LCA off tomorrow to replace the bushings. Planned on pulling the CVs then. So I can have them out already. Plus then I am 80% of the way there to dropping my front diff to install a Lokka locker.
Which I need to pull anyways as my oil pressure sensor is leaking. Might as well pull that, clean it up while the diff is out.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Im pulling my front LCA off tomorrow to replace the bushings. Planned on pulling the CVs then. So I can have them out already. Plus then I am 80% of the way there to dropping my front diff to install a Lokka locker.
Which I need to pull anyways as my oil pressure sensor is leaking. Might as well pull that, clean it up while the diff is out.

It never ends does it?

Rebelord

Semper Fi
It never ends does it?

Nope, after that I have to either find another lsd center for the rear out of junk yard and repack mine tighter, or find a open diff and put a power trax in it. I just cant seem to justify the $1500 cost just to have a functioning locker in the rear by ARB.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Sorry guys, I've been out of town but it sounds like all the questions were answered and commented on.

Rebelord, I had to use a press the separate the inner joint but could be done with a deadblow hammer. Hope you got it figured out by now though.

Rebelord

Semper Fi
Rebelord, I had to use a press the separate the inner joint but could be done with a deadblow hammer. Hope you got it figured out by now though.
Haven't attempted them yet. Still waiting on the new boots to show up from Rockford CV. Hopefully this week sometime to try to do them sat/sunday.

Rebelord

Semper Fi
Some more parts went on the Pathy...
2F376E92-ECDF-4DFA-83FD-BAD726145D6F-17608-000009F16BD278DE_zps614f67f3.jpg

Which part number for those brake lines? Every where I look says either with drums or w/o DCS. Not sure which ones for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy