My 2001 Pathfinder (R50 ) mild/budget build

stioc

Expedition Leader
Good memory! that's correct.

Before I post the next pic, I left a hidden clue in those two pictures but no one picked up on it not even you mortonm! Usually you guys take notice of ever detail :)

stioc

Expedition Leader
IMG_6044Custom_zpsdf715a97.jpg

What do you guys think?

stioc

Expedition Leader
Thanks, as I've said it before I'm not a huge fan of black wheels but wanted something different/unique than most other Pathys and the stock wheels. A couple of more pics before I have to run.

IMG_6044Custom_zpsdf715a97.jpg

Old vs. new:
IMG_5349Custom_zps0e62a29e.jpg

Close up:
IMG_5351Custom_zps1799e644.jpg

Last edited:

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Can you post a rear or front view so we can see how the tire sticks out? Now with the new wheels, did you remove spacers as well?

chmura

Adventurer
Thanks, as I've said it before I'm not a huge fan of black wheels but wanted something different/unique than most other Pathys and the stock wheels. A couple of more pics before I have to run.

Old vs. new:
IMG_5349Custom_zps0e62a29e.jpg

Close up:
IMG_5351Custom_zps1799e644.jpg

Looks awesome! Your vehicle looks completely different with those wheels and tires.

Reminds me of my rig now!

Cant wait to meet you on the trail again. :ylsmoke:

I am going to come and steal that truck. So, just don't call the police when it comes up missing in a couple of weeks. It would be with me!!! I would be on the trail wheeling. Will get it back to you when done getting it dirty!!!

That just looks too good I want to borrow it, not steal it, lol.

stioc

Expedition Leader
@Weekender, I'll take some pics this weekend. Yes the spacers are gone now. The tires don't stick out past the fender flares, I kinda wish they did a little bit but on the other hand I may be able to keep my beloved fender flares :)

@chmura, thanks man, I don't think I've seen your truck with the new wheels yet, did you get the wheels already?

@PetitFrere, lol thanks for the kind words :) You're welcome to borrow it next time you're out this way ;)

chmura

Adventurer
@chmura, thanks man, I don't think I've seen your truck with the new wheels yet, did you get the wheels already?

Not yet, shipment from Taiwan got delayed 1.5 month because they sent out a different model rim in that container. New shipment of the model I got should arrive middle/end of this month.

With the new wheels I assume you took off your spacers? How you liking the ride of the KM2's? Where is your next trip to test of the new tires?

Last edited:

Matto

Observer
Nice. You won't regret the KM2's. I've run them in 245/75/16 for the past, what, 4 or 5 years? Wonderful tyres. They climb like no-one's business. And tough as old boots. My car's my daily and does a lot of highway mileage on trips, and they're pretty good on road too. They do tend to howl on smooth bitumen though, once the corners have been knocked off the tread blocks.

I've not got the life out of mine that some folks have, but mine do spend a lot of time on bitumen which is pretty much the worst thing you can do to MT tyres. When they were new they were fantastic in the wet, but the car is pretty skatey now. That said, the rear tyres only have ~4mm of tread left, so you sorta gotta expect that.

Love the wheels too - I'd love to get a set like that. For a long time I had my heart set on some black DC-2's, but I like the look of these as well. Agree with the all-black wheels thing - I reckon they just look dirty all the time. A bit of silver / polished alloy really brings them up though, especially around the rim like that. I ran a set of 18" black Lenso GF7 wheels on a little Subaru Impreza, and they looked fantastic.

Cheers!
Matto :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy