Here is what it does:

A clear, digital window into battery age and capacity
• For all AGM deep cycle battery applications
• Also for: large wet cells (>150AmpHours) and AGM or WET parallel packs
• Displays: % Battery Life remaining, Lost Capacity, Charge Level & Voltage
• Warns of approaching battery failure

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
ah, I've got a tester that does that already.

This is what I used to use when I tested battery systems for a living:
http://www.securitystoreusa.com/GOLD-IBT-Intelligent-Battery-Tester-p/53232.htm
I miss this tester. It actually tests the battery's load capacity, not just state of charge. The bee's knees, if you will. Let's you know that your 104 AH battery actually only can give you 60 AH and it's time to ditch it.

So, if anybody is trying to figure out what to get me for Christmas....

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Getting the trailer ready for fall camping. The kind folks are Rhino Racks sent me a replacement cover for the foxwing.
Working on installing that.

Will post pics soon.
Dendy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Getting the trailer ready for fall camping.
Dendy
You think you might be free for a roadtrip in November?
If my neck is healed sufficiently, I hope to take the week of Thanksgiving and get out.
I'd really like to avoid the Yogi Bear thing though... ...maybe High Valley but no more site on top of site thing... :sombrero:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Just talking about that last night. I'll shoot you an e-mail this week.
I agree re: no site on site thing!
Hoping you are feeling better soon!
D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Dusting this thread off. Opening up the trailer to air out today. Getting ready for some upcoming trips (Expo south ... if gas doesn't get any more crazy!). Otherwise, ... will be short trips!
Dendy

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
It is interesting how we grow, change and refine as we learn through life experience and through the lessons of others.

Most who have followed this thread know I have been through some trucks! (understatement) This has been an endeavor to "land" on the right mix of trucks to meet the desires (at least in my mind).
In the last 5 years, I have gone from a Range Rover Classic, to a Defender 90, to a Defender NAS110, back to a Range Rover Classic, and have finally landed on what I think are the two holy grail rovers- a 1995 Land Rover Discovery I 5 speed and a 2008 LR3 G4 competition built truck. It is just the right pair for my families needs and our desires (note- I say desires as a caveat to that fact that jobs and life preclude us from getting out and going like we would like to- but that could be subject to change at any time!)

Well, I have also been trying to analyze our trailer needs as well. Brad's Kimberly Karavan thread got me to talking with my wife at great depth about our Conqueror Conquest (which out of the initial offering of Conqueror Trailers in the States- I felt like was the best model - and only 4 or 5 in the States) The challenges- I like the ruggedness and simplicity, but she misses the hard-sided (even if perceived) protection. She missed a proper kitchen, we missed a heater- as we like cold weather camping. she didn't enjoy having to climb a ladder to get up in the bed.
As we awaited the arrival of Brad's Karavan, I got to looking on the internet at Conquerors website and researching the Conqueror Commander.But upon realizing Brads investment (not only in trailer, but shipping and duties) it seemed a very unlikely scenario for me.

http://www.conqueror.co.za/showcase/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=60

and these images even made the jones worse!!

http://www.conqueror.co.za/showcase/index2.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=62

I even enjoyed the Australian version (the UEV490 same trailer - different name) but found the Australian with the flat screen, sound system, etc to be somewhat overkill, but this video was quite the carrot:
http://youtu.be/QpauUSmtJmA

Well, low and behold, my constant digging on the internet (every day!) culled a Conqueror Commander for sale right here in the States! She now resides in my driveway!
Many thanks to Overland Expedition Vehicles for working with me through this purchase. Rene and Mike are tremendous folks. Seems a South African couple traveling across the world had this 2010 model Conqueror Commander and traded it for one of GxV's unbelievable U500 Unimog (5 star hotel room on go anywhere truck!)

Here is the trailer loaded and headed for me:

photo.jpg

Here it is just opened in the driveway (It was very late and very hot in the driveway- YES these are driveway shots as it just arrived today, and we are trying to suss the thing out!) - I'll take more photos tomorrow when we finally get all the ins and outs determined:

IMG_0778.jpg

You guys know I am a stickler for white, but love the dark land rover green on the bottom and trim. I am considering a new vehicle wrap material that has just come out that is made with carbon fiber and resists UV and tears. The folks at GxV recommended doing something like this: (pardon the quickie photoshop hack job)

CONQUERORGRAPHIC2.jpg

but I can't decide if I want to go that route, or just plain white:

ConquerorCommanderWhite.jpg

And in a sad note, the Conqueror Conquest will be leaving with its new owner in a few days. That trailer has served us quite well and is still like new! (I keep a clean trailer!)

Love some thoughts and feed back on everything above. I'll get more pics posted tomorrow.

Best I can tell- this is the only Conqueror Commander in the States- Anyone else know of another?

Thanks
Dendy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Great trailer, Dendy; congrats.
I'd leave it alone though. The original colors are classy and understated.

See you at Country Fried Weekend?

Happy glamping.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Dendy, Congrats on the delivery of your new glamper. :wings: It looks like a sweet set up and built like a tank. It should serve you well. I'm looking forward to seeing pics from th campsites you set up and hearing how it works out for your family.

Very cool.:victory:

I know EXACTLY how excited you are. Wink, wink, nod, nod, know what I mean? :elkgrin:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Wow, it's bigger than i ever thought when i looked at it before online. Im glad you made the switch, im sure you'll be really happy with it and not having to setup a ton of gear to sleep at night. Congrats Dendy!

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Congrats!

Congrats Dendy! I knew when you said you were talking to the owners, it was yours! I hope to hook up with y'all soon and see it in person! Maybe the Country Fried weekend....

WMac

Adventurer
OMG Dendy, Your killing me..... Christie and I have had that same discussion.

Now to figure out how to find one and follow you like we did on the conquest purchase.

Im happy, excited and extreamly envious.

Congrats on a great and RARE Find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven