My Conqueror and Rig!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
OK, Here are some more pictures. Keep in mind that I did this in one night. The goal is to take the "L" bracket ledge mounts and have them "tack" welded and then removed to have them welded and cleaned up.

Here are some close ups:

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

Hope that helps understand the mounting set up better. To clarify, the "L" bracket ledge mounts, I had cut out of thick stainless "L" channel. The aluminum brackets came from Martyn at Adventure Trailers.
And while there are places that the ledge brackets only hit a minimal area, the mounting is very solid. We took the truck on a rough washboard road and watched the awning, and there was minimal movement.

D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Battery and BatteryBug

Hey, Guys:

Took our last trip and the battery situation was a disaster. I had purchased a Stow-away battery (deep cycle) from Tractor Supply and it lasted less than 24 hours holding its charge. And discharged to the point that the factory charger (with Honda EU2000 running) would not bring it back to charge. They took the battery back at Tractor Supply (no questions asked).

I went straight to Sears and purchased the Platinum Diehard PM1. We had a friend with a Conqueror that was camping with us that had the Diehard PM1 and his held a charge the entire weekend (no generator) and still had good charge left at the end of the weekend.

IMG_1129.jpg

So, I pulled the trigger and got the PM1 and while there, picked up a DieHard Battery Charger/Maintainer. This little device allows you to connect to the screw posts and keep the battery plugged in, but has a quick disconnect that allows the plug in to stay connected to the battery. It also has a charger post to connect to the cig. lighter to charge by as well. It charges for not only jump starts, but trickle charge as well. It was a whole $29.00!

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

Then, I added a Battery Bug by Argus. This is a pretty nifty device that shows you the charge by amps and percentage. It has an alarm that alerts you audibly if it falls below a 50% charge level.

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

This little device has some intelligent chip that learns your battery type and has a "reset" button on the rear if you change up batteries.
Pretty sweet little device. Runs around $90.00

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
We have about 4 of those Craftsman chargers and use them for everything from cars to boats to camper batteries. You can get them on sale for $15 about once every other month.

-

brn24whl

Observer
Dendy
Thanks for the tips I am finally get the "Rover" trailer on Defender wheels and hubs so soon I will need a battery for it. I already have the Zodi Hot shower, stove, Tri mode fridge,Honda 2000 generator, Impi RTT, and awning so lights and stuff are next.

Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven