My Conqueror and Rig!

UNI

Adventurer
Thanks.... When looking into the Matador lights I could see that they are available with/without switches, thats the reason I had asked. You might be interested in this product. I will be installing the lights with switches, but I'm also looking at a product from GAMA out of the Chicago area. GAMA makes a harsh weather "Waterproof" small remote wireless switch. I contacted their engineering dept. and they said they would have a switch that could turn off/on the Matador lights within 100ft. from the trailer. The switch as I understand it will be able to turn the lights on independently (Example: Left/Right/Back). I also asked, if it would be possible to have the pre-wired pig tails already attached in the lengths needed (5ft/10ft/etc.) to attach to the lights and they said yes for an additional fee. I'm all for an easy install. This would be great if your backing up your rig in the dark and need extra light, you could turn them on while in your vehicle or there is an intruder in your camp in the middle of the night, press the remote button and on comes the light in the direction needed from inside your tent. I'll keep you in the loop as we progress. Thought it might interest you, if you want contact info shoot me a PM.

Alan

Click Here: GAMA,INC.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Ok, so I love the Conqueror and what it represents for us, but for functionality, ... it is what it is ... no other uses.
With the Classic as my daily and my wife's daily being another Classic, we lacked woefully for something that allowed general duty moving ... like mulch, hauling lumber ... that sort of thing.

I had a friend that had an old Sankey, and he wanted an off-road trailer ... but couldn't keep both. I had always coveted (I know ... not a good thing, but really ... come on) his Sankey. He called and asked if I wanted to buy it to help him off-set the expense of the new offroad trailer. As luck would have it, ... I had just discussed with my wife the need for something that would allow us to have "pick up truck like" utility.

Here is the Sankey as it arrived to me:

SankeyOriginalRear.jpg

SankeyOriginalSideLeft.jpg

SankeyOriginalSideRight.jpg

It was tan with white land rover series wheels and highly worn XZL's and covered with stickers. The good news, the guy is a wiz at electrics and it was all wired up ready to go. He was fanatical about greasing and making sure all the mechanics worked well. He is also a great fabricator and when he originally got the trailer, the steel body was a rust bucket. He fabricated the entire body box out of aluminum, so it is really light. He also had the inside rhino lined and had cut a rear tailgate using Land Rover Series Tailgate parts.

It just needed some TLC and a little personalization:

I used rattle can paint because that is what he had on it, and it allows for pretty easy touch ups when needed.
Added a set of wolf wheels and Goodyear G-90 tires. Now everything is running the same wheel/tire combo. (easy to have spares)

SankeyFrontAngle.jpg

SankeyFrontAngle2.jpg

SankeyRear.jpg

SankeyRearAngle.jpg

More to follow.
D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
And more—

Tie downs:

Rear-
SankeyRearTieDowns.jpg

Forward-

SankeyTieDownFront.jpg

Working on a tarp system - installed two nautical cleats and bows and already had a military tarp (that must be made of kryptonite ... as this thing seems indestructible!

SankeySide.jpg

SankeyRearAngleOH.jpg

I just love the thing. Perfect for General Duty use. Also (as I tried strategically to my wife ... not getting through though), it would make a great support trailer if we had a Sister Disco I to my classic. That way we could lead expeditions with two trucks and plenty of storage! You think I stand a chance?

Thoughts!

Dendy

OS-Aussie

Adventurer
Dendy I may have missed it in the thread but what is the white box in the front of the trailer? An evaporate cooler ????

Cheers Merv

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
well done- as usual :ylsmoke: certainly makes sense as a utility piece, but good luck on the expedition support piece :victory:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
my guess

Dendy I may have missed it in the thread but what is the white box in the front of the trailer? An evaporate cooler ????

Cheers Merv

it looks a lot like a de-humidifier... wonder if Dendy just used in the driveway to keep stuff dry.... just a guess

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Added New Truck to the Mix

OK, So we let the Classic LWB that my wife was driving go. We got what we paid for it a year ago as trade ... so I felt like we drove it for a year for free ... (so to speak).
We needed something that would carry more folks, be more reliable, and generally serve as more of the family mobile ... as well as would let us take long family trips and expeditions ... in more comfort and speed.
(I have the 89 classic and have yet added a 95 Disco DI 5 speed — more on that later).

So, this is what we have added to the fleet as my wife's truck:

2008 LR3 G4 ( 1 of 10 ) - actually used in qualifying trials and then G4 event scrubbed due to economy.

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

Already took a shake down trip and loved the truck!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Fox Wing Added To Conqueror

OK, So Expo Member "Where the Hell is James" (for real) ... listed a new FoxWing awning and although new, had a small repair where a hole got poked through the material. It arrived the day before our trip this past weekend, ... and I was heck bent to get it installed. I stayed up all night before we left getting it install.
Major props to Martyn at Adventure Trailer for selling me some of his old aluminum mounts (now in stainless) for a discount due to the anodizing taking as brown instead of black in places (hardly can tell).

So, I had to fabricate brackets out of stainless L bracket that AT provided with the brackets. That was not as easy as it sounds, and they need now to be removed and cleaned and welded.

All in all, the Fox Wing is fantastic. It performed great. It keeps me from having to erect the master "circus" canopy. I am truly happy with the flexibility the Fox Wing offers! Here are some pics for your enjoyment:

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

Thanks
D

WMac

Adventurer
Holy &^%$ Dendy.....Thats awesome.

WOW.....now I need to start looking at an awening for mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner