My extremely slow 2001 Tundra build thread

BrianTN

Adventurer
Here is a picture of the relocation bracket. Hopefully it's clear enough:
IMG_2375.JPG

I did use a diff drop kit, so hopefully no issues with the lift. I've only had this for about 200 miles on the new tires so I can't say about tire wear or alignment issues.

BrianTN

Adventurer
I changed the front diff, transfer case and rear diff oil, and it was nasty.
IMG_2544.JPG

Also upgraded the front brakes, yay!
IMG_2531.JPG

BrianTN

Adventurer
Has anyone moved their spare to the bed? I'm thinking of doing it mostly for easier access. I was thinking of using this Hidden Hitch and using the same lug nuts as on my truck.

I'm also considering adding a 20 mm ammo can on the other side of the bed for small stuff like tie down straps.

seanpistol

Explorer
I changed the front diff, transfer case and rear diff oil, and it was nasty.
IMG_2544.JPG

Does your e-brake work? Droopy cables usually indicate frozen parking brake bellcranks. If they are working properly, there is a turnbuckle under the truck about where the drivers seat is that you can use to take the slack out of the line.

BrianTN

Adventurer
one more thing noticed in case you weren't aware... your backing plates look like they could be coated in gear oil. have you pulled the drums recently? leaking rear axle seals are common on these trucks.

It's probably been about a year. Another thing for my to do list. Something I did notice was a few of the exhaust hangers came off of the brackets.

BrianTN

Adventurer
I installed the gun rack today. Pretty easy, but it took a while to remove the headliner. It's a Big Sky SBR-2G.

Here is what it looks like if anyone is interested. I never could find a nice picture of where I could mount the gun rack.
IMG_2659.JPG

And here is the final product.
IMG_2665.JPG

BrianTN

Adventurer
Oh, the center light is operable, but it was a close fit. I had to cut the bar by about a foot to make it fit. I'm hoping my Colt 6920 or 870 will fit, but anything with a medium to long barrel will not unfortunately.

ExpoScout

Explorer
That looks really nice. I've been thinking about doing something similar that utilizes the stock bolt holes where the rear grab handles mount. Might not be able to deploy it as quickly, but it would avoid any cutting.

BrianTN

Adventurer
Here is an AR in the rack:
IMG_2686.jpg

And I replaced the nut and bolt with this pin, a lot quicker to remove if I want the take out the rack.
IMG_2688.JPG

BrianTN

Adventurer
I moved the spare to the bed. So far I like the looks and it makes it more accessible than underneath the truck. I may end up moving back though, not sure yet. I also added a 30mm ammo can to the rear for small items like tie downs, gloves, etc.
Photo%20Mar%2022%2C%2018%2031%2000.jpg

Photo%20Mar%2022%2C%2018%2031%2012.jpg

Photo%20Mar%2022%2C%2018%2031%2037.jpg

Photo%20Mar%2022%2C%2018%2031%2048.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77