My extremely slow 2001 Tundra build thread

RMCO

Looks good. I've been going back and forth in my head whether or not to get one for my '06 dbl cab. Might have to finally pull the trigger.

BrianTN

Adventurer
Looks good. I've been going back and forth in my head whether or not to get one for my '06 dbl cab. Might have to finally pull the trigger.

Thanks. Scotty at Addicted was nice on the phone and the few emails I sent. Good company and a good product. I wish they made sliders and a rear bumper for the Tundra.

RMCO

Thanks. Scotty at Addicted was nice on the phone and the few emails I sent. Good company and a good product. I wish they made sliders and a rear bumper for the Tundra.

Yeah, he's been really quick to answer any questions I had. Do you have another picture showing the front of the truck that's more level?

seanpistol

Explorer
damn looks awesome. my frame ends are completely open, must be the difference in years. i assumed yours was the same. you going to mount a winch? stubbs welding makes nice tundra sliders.

photoman

Explorer
Thanks for posting these. I had looked at that bumper a few times but never saw some really good pictures of it.

Think I am going to stick with building a custom bumper though. Hopefully get started in May.

BrianTN

Adventurer
damn looks awesome. my frame ends are completely open, must be the difference in years. i assumed yours was the same. you going to mount a winch? stubbs welding makes nice tundra sliders.

I do recall seeing other people mention capping the frame, so I'm not sure why I didn't need to. Maybe the Ivan Stewart bumper required the front end plate and not the stock bumper? I do want a winch, but it'll be a while. I'm looking at the Warn 68500 9.5xp.

BrianTN

Adventurer
Here are some more pictures:
Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%2010%2032%2023.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%2010%2032%2025.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%2010%2032%2028.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%2010%2032%2036.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%2010%2032%2013.jpg

BrianTN

Adventurer
It's pretty overcast here today, maybe these will show better:
Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%2013%2050%2038.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%2013%2050%2042.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%2013%2050%2048.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%2013%2050%2054.jpg

I also trimmed some plastic that was in front of the tires.

BrianTN

Adventurer
I just purchased a new muffler for my truck, a BAmuffler. Over on tundrasolutions.com you'll see this muffler talked about a lot, especially about how quiet it is cruising but the great rumble when wide open. Here is a thread about it, but it's for the 2nd gen Tundra. Can't wait to install it and Keith is a great guy to speak to on the phone. I think we talked for 30 minutes about the muffler.

After this I plan on getting a pair of sliders from Stubbs then a rear ARB locker and compressor. Hopefully Can Back will start making their tops again after I save up the cash.

BrianTN

Adventurer
Total mods to date, no matter how insignificant:

Interior:
Weathertech floor mats
Removed rear sear for extra space
Gun rack on the ceiling
Zulu visor panel
Extra large rear view mirror
Valentine 1 radar detector
Replaced all lights with white LEDs
Bluetooth radio adapter to stream phone calls/music
Cargo net between front and rear seats (waiting to be installed)
ScanGauge II (waiting to be installed)

Exterior:
BFG MT 255/85r16
Bilstein 5100 all around
Wheelers add a leaf
Front diff drop
Wheelers stainless steel brake lines
Upgraded calipers with cryo treated, slotted rotors up front
K&N air filter
Addicted front bumper
UWS toolbox
30mm ammo can for tie downs
Spare mounted to the bed
Cargo, reverse, and license plate lights changed to white LEDs
Extended rear diff breather
BAmuffler (waiting to be installed)

Future mods for sure:
Sliders
Rear bumper
Skid plates
Rear locker
Air compressor
Line x the bed
Install my Yaesu 897 radio
Can back
2x battery
A second fire extinguisher

Possible mods:
Fridge with solar setup
Line x the interior
Front locker
Aux gas tank

Last edited:

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Very well built rig!:drool:
I think I'm going to have to order some Zulu visor panels, and mount some ammo cans like you did to keep things organized.

BrianTN

Adventurer
New exhaust! It sounds great. Very docile at idle and cruising, but a nice rumble wide open.
IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

Things are in progress for the amateur radio install and it looks like the Stubbs sliders will be delivered tomorrow.

BrianTN

Adventurer
It is. The muffler is very well built and surprisingly heavy for its size. The whole setup should last longer than the truck. I bought the aluminized version as there is rarely salt on the roads here, but he does have a stainless model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77