My New American Built Adrenalin Rush - Preview and Review

jonharis

If you go this route, make sure you don't get the XL. It'll take up almost the whole floor.

Watch out on the military version. See those corner braces and the matching gap in the canvas along the side rail. I think that will interfere with the desired length of the shortened canvas. In order for the side organizers to work out, you have to trim the same amount from each end of the canvas. The cot is very sturdy without the corner bracing.

Good advice. Simpler may be better. I'll need to do some measuring when I get the trailer all set up.

brentbba

Explorer
Brent, I really look forward to meeting you. Yes I talked to Kurt, all is good. If all goes well I am hoping to be there on Tuesday mid day. I studied the route out while building the maps for the packet. It looks like it should be an enjoyable scenic day.

I spent some of last night building a gps file to get from Moab to Lone Warrior. Did it two ways for my Garmin and I'll be curious to see which one is better. Built a waypoint file in Mapsource with the gps coordinates Kurt provided and added one more from Moab. Built a second one in Google Earth and converted the kmz file to a gpx file to allow Mapsource to read it. It has a similiar number of waypoints, but 542 trackpoints! We'll see.

Four of us from Socal are leaving Sunday early morning and taking a slow road thru the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Valley of the Gods in AZ, then up to Moab from the south on Tuesday. I'll have another 80+ miles of driving once we get to Moab over to Lone Warrior. No set time frame, but I'll be there sometime Tuesday before dark I hope! Monday nights tentative camping is only about 150 from Moab, but it'll all be 2 lane highway driving from there to Moab.

You're coming from NY, right? Guess you'll be fueling up in Green River too then!

Look forward to meeting you as well!

jonharis

where can you get a trailer jack with an off-road wheel like that?

I've sent an email to the builder about the Jack. I'll let you know what his response is.

Here are a few more shots that were sent from the builder yesterday. He stated that the trailer should be done today.

This shows the Sleeping area along with the large cargo compartment below. The compartment is accessable from outside the camper as well as inside when set up.
5dd1092e.jpg

Note: all of the compartments are sealed with rubber gaskets.
bc635061.jpg

These are the wheels that I will start with, however we are working on incorporating a 5 on 150 hub that will accept my 100 series Toyota wheels. The only negative I really see is that I can not run the 35" tires (315s) that are on the truck on the trailer because it changes the height too much. With the larger tires the hard floor does not touch the ground. There are several ways to compensate for this all of which are being looked into.
a213fc0d.jpg

Attachments

• 0ED7196D-EF8A-4DD2-96D8-E0B14D3734B6.jpeg
    0ED7196D-EF8A-4DD2-96D8-E0B14D3734B6.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DE73F53C-28B7-4937-A595-9E205D1FB3C6.jpeg
    DE73F53C-28B7-4937-A595-9E205D1FB3C6.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 82
  • F1FC1726-F693-4396-8D4B-5B7BC302F981.jpeg
    F1FC1726-F693-4396-8D4B-5B7BC302F981.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
What kind of bushing are used in the trailing arms? They don't look like there grease able. Looks like a real sweet set-up.

biskit

Adventurer
Hi Jonathan that is a fine trailer ! you've got us all :drool::drool: you just have to personalise it now:rockon:

nr13

Observer
My hats off to the aussies. As usual they are putting out what appears to be a extremely high quality product.

jonharis

What kind of bushing are used in the trailing arms? They don't look like there grease able. Looks like a real sweet set-up.

They are non greasable poly bushings.

Are the foreward end frame tubes going to remain open??

The forward end of the frame has cover caps fitted to it and is sealed.

Trailer was delivered today! looks great with tasteful decals, I keep finding things that amaze me about the build quality. Where some would have used hos to run the propane, Ric uses metal gas line. The very few chassis intrusions are all sealed inside and out and the locations are well thought out. I probably wont get any photos posted till after CM but I'll take a tone while I am there.

If any of the readers out there are sold on one of these after seeing it here, Give Ric a call and tell him that I sent you. Then tell me you told him.:cool: He has graciously offered a small Referral bonus for my time spent here and in other forums to help him get it off the ground. That said, I will still be brutally honest about the trailer, something that Ric has stated that he would absolutely expect me to do. I'll be giving it a good test at Cruise Moab this week and will report back with a ton of photos and what I like and don't like and what works and what doesn't after we get back.

Last edited:

SSRx7

Hi Jonathan,
Just curious, do the modular canvas side compartments come with the trailer? With those installed It looks to be quite roomy. Have fun on your trip.

Bill

jonharis

Hi Jonathan,
Just curious, do the modular canvas side compartments come with the trailer? With those installed It looks to be quite roomy. Have fun on your trip.

Bill

Yes all of the canvas seen in the photos comes with the trailer at the above pricepoint. The canvas is one of the few parts that Ric has not sourced here and imported from Au. It is waterproofed and all of the stitching/seams are top notch. The trailer includes two side annexes which can be installed either one on each side or both on one side. With the late configuration you would have nearly 200 square feet of covered space. Add a wooden dance floor and a disco ball and you are set.

meatblanket

Adventurer
Ric was showing one of these out at the vendor show at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab this year. It's a great camper, I want one and need to start saving my pennies......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal