My New American Built Adrenalin Rush - Preview and Review

jonharis

Had the trailer out for Cruise Moab this week spending a couple of nights in it. We were amazed at the way the thing tows. On road my MPGs dropped by ~2-3, but the trailer tows nicely. It does not wander or surge at all. I am probably going to end up adding airbags to the truck to get the truck stance right as the trailer has a is fairly heavy tongue. I have not weighed the tongue but two strong adults are needed to lift it. The total trailer weight is 2,320lbs with 20 gallons of water, full 20lb tank, all extra canvas, firewood and all of our gear for the week. I'm estimating that the empty trailer is 800-1000lbs less when dry.

Setup was very simple and we got a chance to test the waterproofing during a rain storm. Everything stayed completely dry. Dust sealing while driving is great on some compartments and needs some improvements on others. The kitchen and electronics area stayed dust free as did the front box. There was some dust ingress through the rear compartment that I think can be easily remedied with a different seal and perhaps a sandwiched door design which would greatly improve the rigidity. The rear compartment also had some water ingress when I washed the trailer, it was minimal but still needs some improvement. My biggest complaint on the trailer and accessories is the pole design. They are twist-lock style and on several occasions the stopper got stuck or even fell off requiring an aggravating repair. I would really like to see something with a eye-bolt screw or clicking height adjustment. Other than those minor thing I have zero complaints, the canvas is top notch, the sleeping area is voluminous, the windows are and doors are nicely sized and fit/finish are excellent.

We got a chance to take it on some varying off-road terrain. We took it through some of the incredible high speed roads in the southern Swell as well as up Onion Creek and the middle portion of the Kokopelli Trail. The trailer tracks marvelously off road, staying very close to the vehicles tracks. The width is nearly identical to the 100 series making it do well in rutted roads. Over rocks and bumps the trailer stays very flat and does not bounce around, it's a very solid suspension design. So far I'm giving it a 9/10. With the very minor changes I listed above it would be a solid 10.

01031808.jpg

75ceb1cb.jpg

07c1d330.jpg

916988a6.jpg

e9e6f4ae.jpg

Attachments

• 2012 Cruise Moab 004.jpg
    2012 Cruise Moab 004.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 67
  • 2012 Cruise Moab 007.jpg
    2012 Cruise Moab 007.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 2012 Cruise Moab 017.jpg
    2012 Cruise Moab 017.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 2012 Cruise Moab 091.jpg
    2012 Cruise Moab 091.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 2012 Cruise Moab 3282.jpg
    2012 Cruise Moab 3282.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 2012 Cruise Moab 3306.jpg
    2012 Cruise Moab 3306.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

kevint

Adventurer
Very interesting idea on using the end awning to shade your table. I hadn't thought of that. I just roll mine up to let in light.

How did you feel about maneuvering around the playpens in the vestibule?

STREGA

Explorer
:bowdown: Jonathan's (and the girls) trailer is way cool!

I stopped by the shop a couple of weeks ago and Ric was putting the final touches on Johnathan trailer and it is impressive to say the least. Ric and his lovely wife Renae are super nice people and seem to be having a great time here in the states, looking forward to meeting up with them at the Expo. If you are even thinking about getting a trailer this one should be on your short list IMO.

jonharis

Very interesting idea on using the end awning to shade your table. I hadn't thought of that. I just roll mine up to let in light.

How did you feel about maneuvering around the playpens in the vestibule?

The window awning on the front of the trailer also expands to cover the box while you are all set up. Several people asked about a fridge, and no it does not have one. That said the front box is large enough for one and someone could install one as is or cut a door into the side for use on a slider if desired.

The playpens when side buy side as visible in the photo are pushed into the corners and take up nearly half of the floor space. The remaining space is very sufficient to walk to the bed or change clothes etc.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
The front box makes for a good changing room too. ; )

Hope you all gets lots of fun use out of that great trailer.

Ace

jonharis

The front box makes for a good changing room too. ; )

Hope you all gets lots of fun use out of that great trailer.

Ace

Absolutely. We are also looking at the option to convert the front box into a propane powered hot tub too! :campfire:

photo.jpg

TheThom

Adventurer
Seeing the whole family having fun camping like that is pretty good motivating force for my own build - thanks for sharing.

What are you going to do for sleeping arrangement when they outgrow the Pack-N-Plays? Is there room for an air mattress or something else?

jonharis

Seeing the whole family having fun camping like that is pretty good motivating force for my own build - thanks for sharing.

What are you going to do for sleeping arrangement when they outgrow the Pack-N-Plays? Is there room for an air mattress or something else?

Thanks Thom-
We can fit a full sized cot bunk bed at 6.5' in the same area that occupies the pack-n-plays now.

sapper

Adventurer
I would be very interested to know the final cost of the unit. Is it possible to order it without a frame kind of a DIY? I would love to build my own frame but I have wanted a trailer like this for a long time. I just can't justify a regular camping trailer, I was comtemplating making my M101A into something like this.

jonharis

I would be very interested to know the final cost of the unit. Is it possible to order it without a frame kind of a DIY? I would love to build my own frame but I have wanted a trailer like this for a long time. I just can't justify a regular camping trailer, I was contemplating making my M101A into something like this.
The cost is $17,500 USD, includes everything as discussed in the first post. The only option is PC in any color you want which will add another $1000.You would have to contact the manufacturer directly about ordering a body only, or doing any other kind of customization but I can tell you that he is not interested in selling individual parts. This stems mainly from legal and liability requirements. At this point I believe Ric will only be selling complete units. I do not work for Adrenalin and all order and customization inquires should be directed to them. I can only speak to the model that I purchased. Adrenalin's direct contact is 970-275-5566

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal