My trailer build 2007 JK

MichaelW

Observer
The day after Thanksgiving I will be driving to Rick's house to pick it up from him.

So if on Friday you see some guy driving back towards Santa Barbara off of the 126 and 101 wave to me. I'll be the guy with the huge poop eating grin on!

UPDATE: I just talked to Rick and I may drive down this weekend to get it and avoid the holiday traffic. :wings:

Hmm, wait another week or just head on down...... Oh yeah, that's a tough decision. Now I just have to tell Debbie that that I'm heading down to pick it up this weekend and next week we are heading down again to Santa Barbara for Thanksgiving. Good thing I really like driving!

newimage

Wood Burner
No Powder Craft did the powder coat and we are investing in our own system and we will be up and running Mid December its going to be called Power Coating Services Inc in Sun Valley. We see a high demand for a large oven here (24 ft) and competative pricing so we are diving in.
But I do say it came out awesome more complete and cleaner pictures to follow.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Nice job on the trailer. Though I'd like to have seen it painted to match the Jeep lol. I dig the mounting of your license plate on the tire rack (I never thought to put it there) I also dig the lil tool box in the rear bumper. Shaping into one sweet set-up. :)

1leg

Explorer
M-
Can you give some details on the axel used on your trailer (make and model Number) price would be cool? I might be buying a used Utility trailer soon and it has that same type axel. I would like to change the hubs to the same bolt pattern as my JK. Plus the axel seems really low compared to yours. Might be old and need R&R.

Cool Trailer. I will be copying some of your ideas. I like the tail lights and rear tow hitch. very cool!! :wings:

JD

MichaelW

Observer
Thanks Guys!

I'd give a holler to Rick over at New Image. He and Tough Terrain Trailers where the only ones that thought they could (and Rick did) match the (not so new but everyone thinks it is) new 5 on 5 bolt pattern of the new JK.

A straight (beam) axle will hang a little lower than the torsion bar style as it is more like a portal axle.

Don't forget some side marker lights too. I think I forgot them on my plans to Rick and will resort to some small surface mount LED's on the sides. Rick installed the front of the fender amber light so I can see where the trailer is at night but I'll probably b adding some more.

SuperBrightLEDs has some good deals on waterproof 12v LED "accent" lights.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
MichaelW said:
Thanks Guys!

I'd give a holler to Rick over at New Image. He and Tough Terrain Trailers where the only ones that thought they could (and Rick did) match the (not so new but everyone thinks it is) new 5 on 5 bolt pattern of the new JK.

Standard bolt patterns available for the 3500 lb spindles in North America are:
5 on 4.5
5 on 5
5 on 5.5
6 on 5

They are all off the shelf parts. Anything else would have to use adapters.

MichaelW

Observer
Martyn I should have added that those I talked with about it were those that supply axles and hubs and most did not offer 5 on 5, even though it is an old Grand Cherokee bolt pattern and an even older Chevy/GM pattern. ;)

MichaelW

Observer
MOre color pictures, ready for pick up.

Ready for pick up on Saturday! Looks like I'll be in Santa Paula on Saturday and driving around my new toy. :bounce:

tr-build-50.jpg

tr-build-51.jpg

tr-build-52.jpg

tr-build-53.jpg

tr-build-54.jpg

tr-build-55.jpg

tr-build-56.jpg

tr-build-57.jpg

Willman

Martyn said:
Standard bolt patterns available for the 3500 lb spindles in North America are:
5 on 4.5
5 on 5
5 on 5.5
6 on 5

They are all off the shelf parts. Anything else would have to use adapters.

Can't forget

6 on 5.5

:shakin:

pixeldzn

Observer
I'd like to know where he gets his fenders from. I haven't had any luck finding ones that will fit my 33s, let alone 35s or 37s.

MichaelW

Observer
pixeldzn said:
I'd like to know where he gets his fenders from. I haven't had any luck finding ones that will fit my 33s, let alone 35s or 37s.
You can give Rick a call and ask him as he modified a "normal" set of fenders to fit over the 37's.

Rick Soto
P.O. Box 4203
Ventura Ca 93007

805.525.5522 Office /Fax

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal