My Weekend Warrior build

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Cragar Soft 8's...I like those. I have them too. Classic look and FYI - you have to order the chrome center caps separately. I found that out when I got rims with no centercaps (which looked terrible).

Verbalkint99

Observer
lol, yeah...noticed that...after ordering :mad:

Oh well, i will see if the tire place has any cheep ones when i get them mounted.

Krazors001

Look around online. there's a writeup somewhere about someone using margarine containers sprayed black as center caps. Looked good in pictures at least

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I've got Cragar Soft 8's in black also, and I really like them. They are classy and cheap. I've never had center caps on them but I'd like to buy\improvise some.

Verbalkint99

Observer
Well, I guess I will use this break in my studies to post a few updates.

Decided to have a tube bent at work and got it welded on to my stock bumper. Wanted to see how bad it would look, I kinda like it and its solid, so its gonna stay till I get a real bumper after I am done with school.

100_2322.jpg

Also in these pics is my stock skid that I cleaned up and repainted.

100_2324.jpg

The hoop will help keep the lights safe and allow my to hang my strap.

Also cleaned up my Rustys T-case skid though I might paint it blue as well.

100_2326.jpg

Next up are the hood vents I got from the JY a while back. I finally had a chance to refinish them and they are ready for me to have time to put them on. Not my XJ but the same vents in about the same place mine will go:

standard.jpg

Mine will be black against the silver hood.

And lastly I am still trying to cleanup and paint the stock gas tank skid I picked up at the JY a while back for only $4.00!!

Warhead

Adventurer
just a little idea I found on the jeep forum for center cap options (I can`t stand chrome)
I think these are from a Jeep liberty with steel wheels
004.jpg

007.jpg

the wheels pictured are Crager V5 but the center caps will work on most aftermarket steel wheels.

you can get fancy with them if you would like
IMG_0919.jpg

031-1.jpg

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Nice XJ!

I ended up smacking my center caps on both my XJ and CJ, so i removed them.

Rocks are not nice to them:snorkel:

Been looking for a 'cheap' substitute, may have to try some margarine tubs and that paint for plastics.:coffeedrink:

geesaw

I found some matte black center caps in G.R. at Grand Sales, I think they've got a few sets left.

EDIT- Man I really do like those Liberty caps better every time I look at them....

Verbalkint99

Observer
Well, on break from classes so I have been hitting the rust spots. I have a few more to go but got the floors coated. Next up was the rock chips in the hood and all the little rust spots. Also got the vents on.

Blackhoodangle2.jpg

Blackhoodfront.jpg

Next step is to put a decal on either side of the hood. Just deciding what to put there. Here is the leading idea:

Overlandconcept.jpg

Other options are:
Cherokee
Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle
Expedition XJ
and thats about it so far...lol

any suggestions?

rg050308

Nice XJ

I like your XJ mine is also a work in progress. I especially like the hoop on your front bumper. Did you just attach those d-rings to the front tow hook brackets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design